The Communications/Marketing Director is responsible for maintaining a high level of excellence and creativity in the internal and external communication of the vision, mission and values of the Kirk.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize accurate and excellent written and oral skills to craft all marketing and advertising communications for the Kirk while consistently articulating the Kirk’s vision and mission.
- Work with team to develop brand awareness specifically to achieve church goals.
- Develop, guide and implement the strategy for the Kirk’s brand and all communication media including social media, the website, church app, publications, signage, marketing media, advertising and public relation messages.
- Develop, create awareness of, implement, measure, and evaluate an annual communication marketing plan across specific audiences in collaboration with the church’s ministry and leadership team.
- Manage and maintain effective relationships within the community.
- Conduct research and analyze trends to disseminate relevant information on related topics and adapt communication strategies accordingly.
- Recruit, train and motivate volunteers to assist in the marketing and communications efforts of the Kirk.
- Work within established departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, and evaluating progress regularly.
- Plan and administer a budget for the overall communications/marketing plan of the Kirk.
- Attend regular staff meetings and retreats.
- Weekday begins at 8:30AM with prayer. Regular attendance is required.
- Cooperate with the Executive Director and Pastors by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
The Communications/Marketing Director shall be accountable to the Executive Director.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experiences
Minimum of 3 years work experience in ministry where applicable
Excellent written/oral communication skills
A well grounded faith in Jesus Christ and theological beliefs, policies and practices compatible with Kirk of the Hills Presbyterian
Willing to become a member of the Kirk
Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
Comprehensive knowledge of media strategies and processes using the web, social media, and marketing campaigns
Strong computer skills with the ability to train others on web updates
Broad understanding of marketing and mass communication utilizing current media and emerging technologies
Some weekend and evening hours will be required