FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH OF SOMERSET
99 S. Central Avenue – Somerset, KY 42501 – 606.678.4042
www.somersetfumc.org – email@example.com
Director of Music Ministries
ABOUT SOMERSET FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH:
Our Mission at First United Methodist Church is to take up our CROSS - Caring through Community, Reaching out to share Christ, Opening hearts through Worship, Serving through God’s Love, and Searching for God through Discipleship. The Somerset
First United Methodist congregation gathers twice each Sunday for worship – 250 average attendance – for contemporary and traditional worship services and at various times during the week – i.e. – Wednesday Evening Chapel Services.
First United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Music Ministries for our church located in Somerset, Kentucky. The full-time Director will enthusiastically dedicate their service and expertise to FUMC by working with adults and children of all ages
and the congregation at-large to expand and grow its Music Ministry Department. Through various Music Ministries such as Chancel Choir, Praise Team, Adult Hand Bell Choir, and Children’s Choir, the Director of Music Ministries will develop, schedule, and
supervise the full range of Music Ministries in new ways to connect FUMC attendees/members to one another and God.
- Baccalaureate or higher level degree in music from an accredited educational institution.
- Experience in Music Ministry with emphasis in working with traditional and contemporary worship teams.
- 2+ years of experience in conducting and/or leading choral and instrumental choirs and/or worship teams.
- Piano/Keyboard skills with a proficiency in other musical instruments.
- Familiarity with United Methodist liturgy and worship.
- Professed Christian with strong Wesleyan Background.
- Passion and vision for growth while working with and coordinating children’s and youth choir programs.
- Recruit, rehearse, and lead Chancel Choir, Praise Team, Chancel Hand Bells, and Women’s Ensemble.
- Lead or equip volunteer leadership for children and youth choirs.
- Recruit, train, and guide a technical support team (MediaShout, Sound Board).
- Maintain the music library, equipment, instruments, and other materials needed for an effective music ministry.
- Coordinate worship plans with the pastor, organist, musicians, and volunteers.
- Coordinate the Worship Planning team, which includes the pastor, to create well-rounded worship services that engage church members in worship, for example, by using a variety of art forms, litanies, and altar displays.
- Communicate the purpose of worship and the role of music in that worship.
- Discern and encourage others in the use of their gifts in worship and music.
Excellent Salary and Benefits. Salary is negotiable based on education, experience and/or training.
Please send your cover letter and resume:
- Via mail to SPRC Chairperson, First United Methodist Church, 99 S. Central Avenue, Somerset, KY 42501 or
- Via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post is open till: July 7, 2014