Title: Children’s Ministry Director (Part Time 28 hours/week)
Supervisor: Gary Kruger, Young Families Pastor
Children’s Ministry Director Description:
Leading the entire children’s ministry department at both Temecula and Murrieta campuses, including staff team, volunteer team and children, all for the sake of partnering with parents in showing children the greatness and love of God through the teaching of God’s Word in a safe and loving environment.
- Demonstrate a passion for Christ and his Kingdom through personal spiritual discipline and public ministry.
- Seek to grow in that relationship with Christ through personal spiritual discipline, education, accountability and service to his Kingdom.
- Experience: At least one year of leading a larger (500+) children’s ministry department, with a commitment of seeking to grow in that area, through further training.
- Skills: Ability to lead a large team of staff and volunteers toward a common goal; Biblical knowledge, knowledge of child development and learning, delegation, organization, financial management, special event planning, training and raising up new leaders.
- Education: Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- A general understanding of safety procedures and ratios when dealing with children.
- Familiarity with the Think Orange concept and curriculum that we use at Rancho.
Three Areas of Expected Proficiency:
- Developing team of staff and volunteers through training, encouragement and raising up of leaders
- Building a culture of connection, fellowship and teamwork within team
- Creating and maintaining an environment where kids are welcomed, known, loved and taught the truths of God in a safe, fun and loving environment
- Attend & participate in weekly Ministry Staff meetings
- Attend & participate in monthly All Staff
- Attend & participate in annual or bi-annual Ministry Staff Retreat
- Attend & participate in bi-annual RCA Classis denominational meetings if participating in the denominational pastor track.
- Attend & participate in Easter, Christmas, Membership events, ministry launches, and other churchwide and Rancho Christian School events as required
- Attend & lead monthly Children’s Staff meetings (could vary on style of leadership)
- Submit monthly goals and staff reports
- Lead and train up LCD groups (ministry leaders)
- Hours may vary based on ministry need and season
- Children’s programs provided for church services (currently Sundays at 9:30am, 11:00am & 5:00pm)
- Children’s programs provided for Family Life Nights (currently 3 8-week sessions in fall, winter, spring)
- Various special events, including those with Rancho Kidz, Club 45 and Young Families (currently summer VBS, Kidz With Purpose Camp, Freeze! Family Advent Night, Club 45 Winter Camp)
Position Breakdown (may be re-designed to meet specific ministry needs)
Basic Administrative Duties:
- Knowledge of computer programs such as word processing, spreadsheets, Web, Planning Center, Google Docs
- Understand financials and maintain positive department budget within special events
- Understand required accounting documents for RCC, including POs, Reimbursements, Event Planning
- Maintaining current web page, social media and promotional materials
- Emails/Phone calls
- Monthly children’s staff meetings
- Knowledge of children’s curriculum and content
- Keep current on children’s issues
- Attend conferences for ministry leaders and/or children’s leaders, as budget provides.
- Maintain and encourage church-school relationship
- Breakdown of classes, age groups
- Schedule and flow of service
- Setup and teardown of classrooms, hallways, etc
- Interaction with leaders and families
Special Event Planning:
- Collaborative planning with children’s staff and volunteer teams
- Collaborative planning with other RCC staff, such as Young Families Pastor, teaching Pastors, Tech, Worship, Accounting, RCS, etc.
- Leading leaders to lead teams
Compensation: $28,000 - $30,000 a year (depending on experience)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's DirctorPrivate Profile
- Saint Petersburg, Florida
- January 19
Children's PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- January 19
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
- lakeland, Florida
- January 18