The Student Ministry Associate assists with the leadership, structure, support, and vision of Woodcrest Church’s Student Ministry. The focus of Student Ministry is to provide opportunities for teenagers to merge real faith with everyday life within the
overall vision of Woodcrest Church – Real God. Real People. Real Transformation.
This vision is specifically implemented through the values of
Gather, Connect and Serve.
- Baccalaureate degree required with post graduate studies in ministry related discipline desirable.
- Previous experience in a student ministry setting desirable.
- Ability to understand and relate to teenagers and their families.
- Ability to lead in ministry design, development and implementation of student ministry.
- Ability to effectively communicate the Word of God to students.
- Be a Church Member in good standing at Woodcrest Church.
- Subscribe to and annually confirm the Statement of Faith, Purpose, Vision, Values and Covenant of Woodcrest Church as stated in the church constitution.
- Strive to meet the biblical standards for church leaders (1Timothy 3:1-7).
- Be a proportionate giver with tithing as a requirement.
- Support evangelical theology for which Woodcrest Church stands.
The Student Ministry Associate, in direct supervision with the Student Ministry Director, shall give overall leadership to the student ministry of Woodcrest Church in the areas of worship, outreach, discipleship, fellowship and service.
- Spend quality time with student ministry families to know them individually and minister to them and with them to others.
- Develop and coordinate the student ministry with the rest of the church ministries in the areas of outreach, discipleship and ministry service.
- Assist with recruiting, training and leading a volunteer student staff for student ministry teams.
- Communicate clearly, confidently, and in a compelling way, life truths from Scripture in large and small group contexts.
- Be available to counsel families in need or crisis sharing God’s love with them.
- Assist Senior Pastor as requested in development of overall church ministry.
- Reports to the Student Ministry Director.
- Gives support leadership to the Student Ministry Team.
- Coordinates ministry with other ministry team leaders and church staff.