The Children’s Ministry Director provides leadership, structure, and vision to Woodcrest Church’s Children’s Ministry. The focus of Children’s Ministry is to present biblical truths to help families build a spiritual foundation for their child within the
overall vision of Woodcrest Church – Real God. Real People. Real Transformation.
- Baccalaureate degree in Christian Education/Education or related field.
- Minimum of five years experience desirable.
- Knowledge of and Insight into current ministry models with an ability to cast vision for the Woodcrest Children’s Ministry.
- Strong management skills to delegate and oversee volunteers and potential paid staff in a multiple-service setting.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability and desire to build relationships with volunteer staff, parents and children.
- Ability to recognize, recruit, and motivate adults with gifts and interests in Children’s Ministry.
- Background and/or experience in behavioral management as it relates to the classroom.
- Possess a deep desire to see children grow and develop in their faith.
- Endorse and support the Church Purpose, Covenant and Statement of Faith as stated in the Woodcrest Constitution.
- Member in good standing at Woodcrest Church and strive to meet the leadership qualities of I Timothy 3:1-7 and the ministry staff qualifications as listed in the Woodcrest constitution.
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for ministering to children from birth through 5th grade and to their families. The primary objectives are to evangelize and disciple children and to be a resource for parents as they build a spiritual
foundation in their home.
- Develop, lead, and implement the Children’s Ministry programs.
- Develop the Children’s Ministry team; encourage growth and team cohesiveness; create and communicate the vision, values, and goals for the team.
- Recruit, care for, and equip volunteers for Children’s Ministry.
- Develop and oversee the curriculum selection process.
- Be an advocate for children and families at Woodcrest Church.
- Develop yearly budgets and objectives for Children’s Ministry.
1. Reports to the Senior Pastor of Woodcrest Church.
2. Works in partnership with the Woodcrest staff and other ministry team leaders.