Pastor of Community
General Position Description:
The Pastor of Community is primarily responsible for creating a vision and structure for spiritual formation
that stimulates leadership development and active participation in the life of the Warehouse community.
Spiritual formation involves creating environments for our community to grow in love, and where deep
spiritual friendships can be cultivated friendships where others walk before us, alongside us, and behind
us. We believe that evangelism and discipleship are inextricably linked. As such, this position will be a
champion for missional community helping Warehouse grow in its desire to love God, each other, our
neighbors, our city, and our world through active interaction with Scripture, prayer, service, and the classic spiritual disciplines.
This is an Associate Pastor level position. As an Associate Pastor, please be aware that
this position is organizationally second to the Lead Pastor in terms of leadership and accountability.
• Overseeing Warehouse small groups that encourage adults at all stages of the spiritual continuum to
connect with the Warehouse community, and grow as they meet with one another and serve together.
• Casting a vision of spiritual formation and discipleship that is inter-generational, and that sees
Creativity, Justice, and Service as integral.
• Developing a structure to identify emerging leaders, train them for their leadership roles, deploy them
to facilitate effective groups, and coach them toward ongoing spiritual flourishing.
• Spearheading a relational process whereby curious attenders can become fully engaged Participating
Members of the Warehouse community.
• Developing a process for healthy and timely multiplication of small groups and small group leaders.
• Assuming oversight of Warehouse Men and Warehouse Women, and making strategic decisions
regarding their deployment, growth, purpose, and scope.
• Strategically deploying elders to shepherd small groups and leaders, and provide ongoing and
accessible pastoral care.
• Overseeing the strategic growth of affinity groups, and deploying newly trained leaders.
Associate Pastor Responsibilities
• Pastoral Care, counseling, weddings, funerals, home and hospital visitation.
• Participating in staff management and strategy team meetings.
• Participating in Elder Meetings as a member of the Warehouse Session.
• Serving on the Teaching Team, which includes attending weekly meetings, preaching as assigned, and
serving on the Announcement & Orientation team.
• Serving the sacraments of communion and baptism as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
• Participating in EPC Presbytery and General Assembly duties.
• Possesses a Masters of Divinity degree from an accredited College or University
• Ordained or willing to work toward ordination through the EPC.
• Ability to sit at a desk or workstation and use a computer for up to 8 hours a day; use hands and fingers to type on a
keyboard; vision to view details on a monitor
• Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills with a strong command of the English language
• Ability to communicate verbally in a one-on-one situation as well as to a large audience for an extended time period
The Pastor of Community reports directly to the Lead Pastor. As an ordained Teaching Elder, the Pastor
of Community will be accountable to both the Warehouse Session and the Presbytery. The Pastor of
Community will also work closely with the Pastor of Marriage and Family, and the Pastor of Service.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19
Elementary DirectorRiver Pointe Church
- Richmond, Texas
- October 19
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18