****PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR RESUME ON THIS SITE! WE ASK THAT YOU READ THE DECRIPTION FULLY AND EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO THE PERSON LISTED BELOW. THANK YOU!****
Partner with the Ginghamsburg Student Ministry team in this paid, full-time position to inspire and equip junior high students to become deeply committed followers of Jesus Christ.
Interested candidates may submit their résumé and cover letter to:Chris Freeman
c/o Ginghamsburg Church
6759 South County Road 25A
Tipp City, Ohio 45371
or by email to email@example.comAccountable To:
- Director of Student Ministries
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle
- Considers this position a ministry, not just a job
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within Ginghamsburg Church including membership and worship attendance at Ginghamsburg Church, life group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness
- Practices healthy relational boundaries and fiscal integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry or related field preferred
- Three years plus of hands-on experience preferred
- Track record of success in working with students and parents in a large church setting
- Experience in recruiting and leading volunteers and student leaders
- Ability to work in and contribute to an overall staff team “strengths based” environment
- Ability to develop radical disciples for Jesus Christ in grades 7 and 8
- Passion for junior high ministry
- Expertise in student ministry culture
- Gifted speaker/teacher that connects to junior high students
- Ability to lead change
- Ability to train, lead, and deploy servant teams
- Committed student/learner of youth ministry
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to partner with parents and develop parent involvement in ministry
- Complete a felony statement/background check
- Be available for a full time position including evenings and weekends
- Lead the junior high ministry designed specifically to reach and disciple students in grades 7 and 8. (Cast vision, create a ministry strategy, etc.)
- Recruit, train, and equip adult and student leaders to serve in all areas of grade 7 and 8 ministry.
- Design a dynamic weekly program for grade 7 and 8 students that will take place on all weekends.
- Be the primary teacher for the weekly program on most weekends.
- Partner with the student ministry team to establish a model that meets the specific needs of students at this age.
- Establish an effective process for connecting and communicating with parents in your ministry.
- Create a healthy strategy for transitioning students out of the junior high ministry and into high school ministry by the end of their 8th grade year.
- Design a weekly (life group driven) program for grade 7 and 8 students that will take place on Wednesday evenings.
- Plan and lead retreats and events specific to the needs of this age group.
- Plan and lead mission trips specific to the needs of this age group.
- Work closely with the pre-teen ministry leader as a tandem team in middle school ministry.
- Be a primary leader of the Avenue Friday middle school outreach event that takes place every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month (Grade 6-8).
- Teach and lead the bi-annual confirmation class for students in grades 7 and 8.
- Participate with student staff team on weekly design meetings, staff meetings, and creative meetings.
- Participate with student staff team on monthly series design meetings and annually on a planning retreat.
- Partner with high school students to develop and train them to help lead in middle school ministry.
- Be willing to do anything else you might be asked to do in order to serve God and Ginghamsburg Church.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Youth MinistriesMountain View United Methodist Church
- Forest, Virginia
- January 19
Youth PastorGeorgetown Bible Church
- Hudsonville, Michigan
- January 18
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
Director of Student MinistriesDaniel Island Fellowship
- Charleston, South Carolina
- January 18
-A mission-driven church
-A people committed to world change
-A United Methodist community actively serving locally, nationally and globally Ginghamsburg Church...changing the world one life at a timeMore...