The full-time Children’s Pastor will oversee ministries for children from birth through 5th grade. This man will partner with parents to evangelize and disciple children, as well as provide the direct oversight of spiritual development programs
for all children participating in this ministry.
Our Children’s Ministry Mission Statement is: To reconcile children to God through Jesus Christ by partnering with families to teach and model Christ so that they know God and live for Him. The values of our Children’s Ministry are: Bible-based, Christ-centered,
Spiritually Transforming, Safe, Fun, and Family-friendly.
Current Ministries Include:
- Weekend Children’s Ministry
- Weekend Nursery and Toddler Programs
- Seasonal Special Events
- Childcare for Other Ministries
Oversee the Volunteers/Workers
- Recruit, Screen, Train, Coordinate, and Encourage leadership and volunteers.
- Be available to address concerns, answer questions, and keep volunteers informed.
- Ensure that all teachers are scheduled and substitutes are found when necessary.
- Ensure that teachers and curriculum are in alignment with the church.
Nurture the Children
- Promote and oversee the children’s education ministries.
- Be available for encouragement, visitation, prayer, and counsel with children and families.
- Implement a ministry track so that a child’s progress follows logical and age-sensitive exposure to the Bible.
- Evaluate with leaders and parents to ensure effective ministry.
- Oversee the resource inventory for children’s ministry.
- Review, develop, and enforce policies and procedures pertinent to children’s ministry and safety.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly elder board meetings.
- Develop and monitor children’s ministry budget with children’s ministry leaders.
- Communicate children’s ministry issues/concerns with staff, boards, and congregation.
- Plan, promote, and communicate calendar and facility usage for children’s ministry.
- Participate in training and enrichment opportunities for personal ministry growth.
- Places top priority on his personal relationship with God that is evidenced by godly character and a commitment to prayer.
- Depends on God’s presence, power, timing, and wisdom.
- Has a genuine love and concern for children and their families.
- Meets the requirements of a member and an elder of Grace Church as set out in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. (See interpretations below.)
- Is a team-player who leads with a pastor’s heart.
- Delegates, mentors, and equips people to do ministry.
- Plans strategically in regards to ministry needs, short-term vision, and long-term vision.
If you are interested in finding out more
For more information or to express interest, please contact our search committee by using the form on our website here:
Feel free to apply here through churchstaffing.com. We may also ask you to apply through minsiterconnection.net for profile matching purposes. (MinisterConnection is an EFCA pastor matching service.)