WESTOAK WOODS BAPTIST CHURCH
WORSHIP AND FINE ARTS PASTOR
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan, lead and oversee the musical and dramatic aspects of worship and special events and services
Examples of these types of activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Music selection
- Facilitation of the congregation’s participation in worship
- Produce/develop visual aids to support the worship experience for the congregation (Ex. ProPresenter, PowerPoint presentations, Same Page music scores for instrumentalists).
- Schedule and maintain the rotation of solos and offertories
- Develops, maintains and recruits talent for worship and fine arts ministries
Examples of these types of activities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing for and leading rehearsals for: Adult Choir/Praise Band, Youth Choir/Praise Band, Children’s choir, Hand Bell choir, soloists/ensembles, and accompanists/instrumentalists.
- Recruiting volunteers and participants for music/drama ministries and special events.
- Responsible for administrative duties related to worship and fine arts ministries
These activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising musicians and audio/visual staff/volunteers
- Develop annual Worship and Fine Arts ministry plan and budget
- Maintain licenses and legal documents (copyright permissions, etc.) for music and drama materials
- Maintain and expand the choral/instrumental library
- Ensure proper maintenance of worship tools and resources including: instruments, microphones, audio/visual equipment.
- Supports the Mission and Vision of Westoak Woods Baptist Church
The activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops opportunities/events to outreach the community
- Actively participate and/or supports ministries, missions and/or activities that are not related to worship and fine arts ministries.
- Actively supports and participates with the Westoak Woods leadership teams to develop outreach and ministry strategies, goals and objectives.