Midlothian Bible Church (MBC) was founded in 1973 and is located in Midlothian, Texas. Midlothian is a growing community of more than 20,000 citizens and is uniquely located 26 miles south of Dallas and 27 miles southeast of Fort Worth. MBCis a nondenominational,
evangelical church of 400 to 500 people.
Our former Senior Pastor, at his initiative, has transitioned to a part-time counseling and supportive roll in the church after 40 years of faithful and fruitful ministry. We are actively searching for the new Senior Pastor whom God has prepared to guide
usinto the future as we fulfill our calling to cultivate intimacy with the Biblical Christ. The Senior Pastor of MBC shall serve as its Christ led spiritual shepherd. His primary role shall be preaching, teaching, and training the congregation. In collaboration
with the elders, his oversight shall include supervising and mentoring a staff of 4 to 6 pastors, as well as helping the congregation to develop their spiritual gifts and grow in their love for and dependence upon the Lord Jesus Christ. He should be ready
to affirm the authority of the Scriptures and exalt biblical principles to encourage the congregation.
• High degree of personal spiritual maturity, reflecting the character of Christ inboth his private and public life.• Master’s degree from an accredited seminary is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in pastoral ministry and church leadership is preferred.• Ability to communicate meaning and insight from Scripture in a way that connects with an audience and effectively leads to learning, understanding, and application.
• Expository preaching style is preferred, although topical preaching is recognized as both valuable and desirable in some circumstances.
• Grace oriented approach to doctrinal and theological issues, as well as areas of daily life and practice; not judgmental or legalistic, but frank with regard toessentials of the faith.
• Understanding of, and commitment to, local and worldwide missions.
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications. For additional information regarding the responsibilities and involvement of our Senior Pastor within the church and community, visit our website at: http://midlothianbible.org/jobdescription
To apply, applicants should send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com Applicants should also include a brief statement describingtheir philosophy of ministry. Review of applications will begin July 15th and continue until the position is
filled. Qualified candidates of interest will be contacted for additional information such as references and sermon recordings. Please note that no search committee members will be available at the church to receive phone