This position is a full-time posting; however, candidates may be considered for a part-time Children's Ministry Director position as needed.
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for oversight, administration and shepherding of Christ Church’s nursery and elementary Sunday offerings as well as weekday childcare ministries. The Director is responsible to recruit and lead a team of volunteers
and staff who support parents in raising their children to walk in God’s purposes and grow in the character of Christ. A passion for God, a heart for children and an active participation in Christ Church must be present and apparent.
- Recruit, train and pastor a team of Children’s Ministry volunteers who will be responsible to shepherd our children, organize special events and partner together to accomplish Christ Church’s vision and strategy among our children.
- Manage the curriculum, procedures and service plans for the nursery (age 0-4), Kid’s Quest (grades K-4) and Faith Explorers (grades 5-6). Hire and train weekday and Sunday caregivers.
- Manage childcare for weekday events and activities including small groups, meetings, bible studies, and services
- Interview, hire and schedule caregivers for all Sunday and weekday events as needed.
- Train and supervise all volunteer and paid caregivers and teachers.
- Supervise caregivers.
- Administrate the Children’s Ministry. This includes but is not limited to seeing that rooms are set-up and in order in the appropriate manner and timeframe; see that the caregivers are scheduled and present in the appropriate venue at the appropriate time;
coordinate background checks on caregivers and volunteers; maintain accurate attendance and safety data; and order supplies, assemble curriculum and training books; and organize children’s spaces as needed.
- Coordinate childcare and programs for special events and services such as the Annual Parish Retreat, Holy Week and Advent services.
- Coordinate Childcare for small groups and other weekday ministries such as Mothers of Little Ones, Newcomers’ Dinners, classes, trainings, and Women’s Bible Study.
- Organize appreciation and recognition events for Children’s Ministry volunteers and staff. This may include participating in a parish-wide effort.
- Attend and contribute to all appropriate staff meetings such as biannual staff retreats, weekly staff meetings, diocesan meetings, and supervisory meetings.
- The Director will embrace the following Christ Church leadership values, expected of all staff and Vestry: catalytic, fun-loving, hard-working, perpetually learning, relational, risk-taking.
- The Director will maintain a personal and professional lifestyle of high Christian character.
- The Director will demonstrate skill and execution of administrative and organizational tasks.
- The Director will be effective at building teams, leading teams and serving on teams.
- The Director will regularly attend Christ Church services and actively participate in the overall life of the church.
- The Director must be able to affirm the Jerusalem Declaration.
- The Director must embrace the Core Values and Leadership Values of Christ Church.