FULL-TIME STUDENT MINISTER: Covenant Baptist Lancaster, SC seeks Minister of Students and Families for comprehensive ministry grades 6-12. Multi-staff, 20 year-old church located in Charlotte NC region. BA and 3 years church experience required.
Send resume to Staff@cbclancaster.org
COVENANT BAPTIST CHURCH
MINISTER OF STUDENTS and FAMILIES
Principal Function: The Minister of Students and Recreation is responsible to the Senior Pastor for coordinating an effective ministry with students (grades 6-12) and their families
and overseeing age-related recreation ministries.
1. Assist the Senior Pastor in areas of church life which he deems feasible. This may include worship leadership, church-wide outreach, hospital and home visitation, and counseling.
2. Attend the weekly Ministry Team meetings.
3. Serve as a member of the Steering Committee. (Elders)
4. Represent Covenant at associational, state, and national denominational settings as deemed necessary.
5. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and the Personnel Committee.
II. STUDENTS: (Grades 6-12)
1. Plan, coordinate and evaluate a comprehensive ministry for students and their families.(Grades 6-12).
2. Provide direction and leadership to the Student Advisory Team, meeting on a regular basis.
3. Provide assistance to the student Sunday School teachers in cooperation with Sunday School Director and leaders.
4. Develop and coordinate an intentional Evangelism and Discipleship Ministry for students.
5. Plan and coordinate mission opportunities for students.
6. Provide recreational and fellowship opportunities.
7. Provide leadership and direction for Student Worship services.
8. Network with area student ministers to reach school campuses.
9. Develop and administer the budget for student ministry.
10. Plan and coordinate special student camps and conferences.
1. Staff contact for gym usage issues beyond normal scheduling.
2. Develop year round recreation ministry emphasis for all age related groups. through church sporting leagues.
3. Develop summer recreation ministry opportunities as a tool for Outreach and Evangelism.
4. Evaluate and keep sports equipment up to date and usable.
8. Develop volunteers team to sponsor open gym events.
9. Oversee budget for overall recreation ministries.
1. Develop and provide leadership to enhance the development of Christian home life and parenting skills.