*** To be considered, you must submit resume directly to email@example.com and include a link to you leading worship (video highly preferred, audio is acceptable) and examples of your video work. Do not submit through churchstaffing***
Grace Fellowship Church is a thriving church with a mission to glorify God by joining Him in building a community to reach a community. GFC started in 1979 as a group of 30-40 people and has grown to a church of well over 1500 attendees each Sunday.
GFC has never been about becoming a “big church”, however, our mission has created a contagious blend of solid growth in and among believers that leads to engaging the least and lost in our community through sharing the incomparable good news and engaging
in grace-motivated good works. Our church-wide musical worship style is contemporary and band-led, similar to the likes of Hillsong United, Tomlin, Redman, Wickham, Crowder, and others.
Johnson City, TN is a medium sized city with a large academic and medical community. It’s a great place to raise a family, with mountain views and access to outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, boating, etc. Ashville, NC is about an hour away, Knoxville
is 2, Charlotte is 3, and the Atlantic Ocean is only about a half-day drive.
This role is a full time position with benefits. It will have two areas of responsibility. The first is to lead worship for our weekly high school service, while cultivating relationships and the development of worship teams in 5th and 6th,
as well as middle school.
The secondary role is to assist in the media production for the church as a whole. We are looking for either a strong videographer skillset or a strong graphic design skillset to support our existing media production.
We are looking for a unique skill set of worship leader, content-creator, and leader.
Student Worship Leader (approximately 20 hours)
- Lead worship for high school services
- Lead and conduct band rehearsals
- Chart, organize, print, and post songs to Planning Center in due time
- Conduct worship planning and coordination with High School Pastor
- Complete Pro Presenter song input in due time
- Create and print agendas/lineups for the service
- Contact and schedule band members
- Conduct new band member meetings and auditions as needed
- Attend staff meeting(s) as assigned
- Develop middle school and 5th and 6th worship teams through relationship building and discipleship of leaders
Media Creation (approximately 20-25 hours)
*Role within one or the other (or both) will depend on skillset of candidate:
- Coordinate with Worship Arts Pastor to film and edit church-wide videos on an as-needed basis: sermon-intro videos, interviews, and video announcements
- Set up on-site video room or location shoots prior to filming (including lighting, audio prep, camera settings, and backdrop settings)
- Export, upload and archive videos in an organized and timely fashion
Graphics Artist Role
- Create graphics and promotional pieces, including logos, brochures, tickets, mailers, etc on an as needed basis to support the Worship Arts and Communications ministries of GFC
- Posses strong musicianship; able to play guitar and sing well
- Posses a solid understanding of contemporary music, in order to convey musical ideas and flow to musicians
- Can lead and develop youth in both their walk with God and their musicianship
- Able to communicate well from the platform in order to lead a large group in a worship time
- Able to manage necessary worship planning software, such Planning Center and ProPresetner
- Able to setup a video shoot with an eye for framing, lighting, and audio capture
- Able to edit a video in an artistic way, which tells a story through the use of appropriate camera angles, audio backing tracks, proper use of Broll, and ultimately, the flow from start to finish. (Knowledge of Final Cut Pro X preferred, but not mandatory;
Premiere is acceptable)
- Knowledge of Canon DSLRs (specifically 7d) is preferred
- Knowledge of After Effects is a plus
- Extensive working knowledge of Photoshop
- A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it
- Agrees to and supports GFC’s core beliefs and is committed to spiritual integrity: gfcnow.com/mission-beliefs
- Proven record of leading worship in a group of at least 60-100
- Proven record of quality media content
- Strong team player – leading with concern for the overall ministry of GFC
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
*** To be considered, you must submit resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link to you leading worship (video highly preferred, audio is acceptable) and examples of your media work. Do not submit through churchstaffing.***