Ustick Baptist Church, a non-denominational, evangelical Christian church in Boise, Idaho, of over 500 people, is looking for a Children’s Ministry Director to oversee and direct a vibrant children’s ministry for children from nursery through fifth grade.
Boise is an active, flourishing Northwest city and consistently makes top ten lists for best places to live in the United States.
General Ministry and Responsibilities
- To oversee, plan for and direct children’s ministry within the church that includes:
a. Sunday school
b. Children’s Church during two worship services
c. Nursery for two worship services and Sunday school
d. Vacation Bible School
e. Children’s Ministries special events (e.g. music, musicals, outreach, etc.)
f. Oversee Children’s Ministry security checks
- To recruit, train, oversee and encourage volunteers in the ministries listed above
- To oversee the curriculum used in the Children’s Ministries
- To work closely with and communicate with parents to partner in helping their children become fully developing followers of Jesus Christ
- To coordinate with the senior pastor, Elders, and other staff at the church for integrating ministry together
- To be a liaison with the Awana club connected to our church
- A genuine love for Jesus and a testimony of spiritual maturity
- A passion and enthusiasm for children and families and a “shepherd’s heart” for children, parents and volunteers
- A creative and teachable spirit
- A good “fit” with chemistry of church staff
- Education in the area of church children’s ministry (preferred), or Christian education
- At least two years' experience in directing children’s ministry at another church (preferred)
$40,000 per year, plus paid health insurance
Please send cover letter, resume, and
testimony of Christian faith to Natalie Hilde at Natalie@thompsonconsulting.com. Natalie is a member of Ustick Baptist Church and a member of the search committee for the new Children’s Ministry Director.
For more information about Ustick Baptist Church, including our Statement of Faith and Core Values, please visit www.ustickbaptist.org.
For more information about relocating to Boise, Idaho, please visit http://www.bvep.org/ (Boise Valley Economic Partnership).