CREATIVE VIDEO DIRECTOR
LOCAL CHURCH IN AUSTIN, TX
Date posted: 06.06.14
Categories: Church Staff – Video/Media/Technology
Church size: 2500-3000
Job Type: Full-time (40-50hrs/week)
Job Description: Creative Video Director
Purpose of the position:
We are seeking a full-time Creative Video Director who is passionate about storytelling and is interested in innovatively representing Jesus and our church. This employee will work under the supervision of the Director of Worship Arts. The position requires
fast turn-around of short-form content including, but not limited to, sermon intro videos, short features, interviews, event promos, announcements, and some long-form stories.
Qualifications / Requirements / Responsibilities:
- Excellent creative concept & writing skills
- Advanced professional experience in producing & editing videos
- Ability and willingness to be collaborative and to work independently
- Will be a lead person in the creative process from concept to completion
- Produce and create motion graphics, message openers/bumpers, event promos, video announcements, and life-change stories for use during services, web, social media, etc.
- Must be willing to work weekends
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined
- Ability to execute and cope with ambiguity
- Strong organizational skills, understands importance of processes, and time management
- Understands Data Formats required for various media applications: Video, Web Applications, Podcasts, iPhone, etc.
- Ability and willingness to accept and execute changes required by Director of Worship Arts & Senior Pastor
- Macintosh Platform Proficiency
- Advanced Experience in Final Cut 7, Final Cut X, Adobe Premier or other professional quality software
- After Effects Proficiency (preferred)
- Experience with QuickTime Pro
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with ProPresenter preferred
- Experience with Audio Editing
- To be determined based on the qualifications and experience of the individual hired.
Benefits to Person:
- Positive Working Environment
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- Funded Health Savings Account
- Retirement plan with matching
- Paid time off
Basic Personal Responsibilities:
- Uphold biblical priorities in life, in the order outlined below:
- Growing personally in your relationship with Christ
- Relationship with spouse (if married)
- Relationship with children (if applicable)
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church
- Financially support the works of the church
Other Personal Responsibilities:
- Be a good steward with the resources God has provided to our church.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify God and further the vision of our church.
- Serve at a level that demonstrates a high degree of loyalty to the Senior Pastor and the vision of our church
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with Christ through committed Bible study and prayer.
- Willing to work through others and build a strong volunteer base, willing to embrace the vision and values of our church.
- Must understand biblical authority and able to operate under the leadership team of the church.