Trinity United Methodist Church is a vibrant, growing, and progressive faith community located at 56th and Pine Lake Road in Lincoln, NE. We are currently seeking a dynamic and visionary individual to fill a full-time position leading our ministry
to children, youth, and their families.
The Director of Ministry to Children, Youth, and their Families is responsible for nurturing age-appropriate Christian discipleship, engaging in relational ministry with neighborhood families and schools, and providing a ministry of care for children, youth,
and their families. The Director will develop and coordinate programming that includes Sunday school, Vacation Bible School, midweek offerings, community outreach events and experiences, partnerships with neighborhood schools, and collaboration with community
service organizations that serve children, youth, and their families. The Director is responsible for recruiting, developing, and nurturing a volunteer team of leaders that is instrumental in implementation of programming and in connecting others to the ministry.
The Director will supervise the coordinator of youth ministry in order to facilitate an integrated ministry for children, youth, and their families.
- A passion for ministry—to children, youth, and their families within the congregation and in the broader community
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in program development: planning, promotion, recruitment/training of volunteers, implementation, and evaluation
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly developed listening skills
- The ability to develop personal connections and resources for referrals
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with elementary age children and their families
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
Email the following materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position
- Names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references
We will begin reviewing application materials in late June and will interview selected candidates in early July. We anticipate an August 1 start date for this position.