Golf Course Road Church of Christ (GCR) - Job Description
Position: Media Director
Accountable To: Technical Support Minister (primary), Visual Arts Minister, Worship Minister
Summary of responsibilities:
- Oversee all technical aspects of the weekend worship experience including preparation and operations, under the direction of the Worship Minister.
- Assist in the support of all media systems for the entire campus, under the direction of the Technical Support Minister.
- Assist with the production of video content under the direction of the Visual Arts Minister.
- Assist with the production of large format graphics, signage, and other special media under the direction of the Technical Support Minister.
- Assist with Information Technology issues as needed under the direction of the Technical Support Minister.
- Weekend Worship Experience
- Prepare visual and lighting programs for weekly assemblies
- Prepare all elements of the Sunday program, as well as light cue sequencing within lighting software.
- Prepare Welcome/Ad Loop for common spaces on Sundays
- Direct the worship flow through presentations, lighting, videos, etc.
- Direct from the control room on a typical Sunday (e.g., switching between camera and computer, directing camera and computer operators, running lighting cues, managing service recordings)
- Recruit and train volunteers for media operations at worship assemblies, special classes, and classes.
- Set up training times with new volunteers, both on Sundays and other times as necessary
- Meet regularly with Media Volunteers for communication, training, and general fellowship.
- Ensure volunteers are present and equipped to do their part
- Scheduling of volunteers
- Media Systems Support
- Keep media systems (audio and video) updated and maintained throughout the GCR facility
- Consult the ‘Weekly Maintenance Schedule’ every week in order to prioritize projects for each of the four main areas (Youth, Children, Adult Classrooms, and Gathering Space/Rotundas).
- Perform weekly sound and hardware checks to ensure system is properly set up.
- System setup for special events and classes as needed. (funerals, meetings, etc.)
- Set up and run all systems needed for special events
- Schedule volunteers to assist in the operations of all systems need for special events.
- Coordinate recording and distribution of sermons and other special presentations
- Ensure that Sunday services are being recorded.
- Coordinate with the lead distribution volunteer the duplication and distribution of sermon DVDs and CDs.
- Post audio and/or video of sermons on the website
- Manage live streaming of the sermon online
- Video Production
- Assist with Baptism and Funeral videos, and other special events as directed by the Visual Arts Minister.
- Special Media Production
- Maintain stocks of supplies and media needed in the Graphics Room
- Help with creating signage and other special media.
- IT Support
- Assist the Technical Support Minister with IT issues as they arise and in his absence.
Required Abilities, Skills, Traits, and Knowledge
- Passion for ministry and Christian service.
- Willing and able to agree and live by the minister covenant
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits spiritual maturity and discipline.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Servant leader and team builder.
- Ability to direct, empower, inspire, and motivate others.
- Ability to delegate duties to others and hold them accountable.
- Ability to deal with and manage conflict in a healthy manner.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Willingness to help other ministries and staff as needed.
- Must be medically cleared to lift 50 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license and legally cleared to drive.
Work behaviors and Standards
- Spirit Led – All of the above is important, but only in conjunction with a willingness to abandon set plans and strategies and follow the Spirit if He leads you in another direction. We plan and use our gifts, but we follow God first. We are Spirit led.
- On Mission – We are accountable for our role. Unless it is part of our responsibilities, we don’t spend time trying to ‘improve’ other roles unless asked to by the responsible minister. Our ministry is our mission and we will remain on mission.
- One Voice – On unsettled or controversial matters, we limit our discussions with the body until the leadership as a whole has studied and determined the correct actions to take. Even if we disagree with those actions, we will abide by the decision and speak as one voice.
- A Strong Faith – Must demonstrate a passionate faith in God and be personally committed to prayer and spiritual growth. Must possess a strong commitment to the lordship of Jesus Christ, the leading of the Holy Spirit, and the authority of Scripture.
- An Example of Holy Living – Must live a life of holiness that reveals a love of God and daily models the virtues and practices exemplified by Jesus.
- A Love for Family – Must faithfully lead, love and serve his family placing a premium on the time and attention given to his family.
- A Love for the body of believers that meet at Golf Course Road – Must be a committed member of the fellowship of believers at GCR with an appreciation for its heritage and culture.
- Work ethic – Must have a strong work ethic, able to lead and hold others accountable as well as being willing to be held accountable.
- Relationships – Must have the desire and ability to establish healthy, strong personal relationships with the members at GCR. This includes the expectation to provide guidance and support, giving special sensitivity to their individual needs and building rapport between all members, ministers, and elders at GCR.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Four-Year Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum two years experience preferred in the following areas:
- Leadership position in a church, academic, or business organization. (Media or visual arts experience strongly preferred.)
- Exhibits strong technical proficiency in a variety of media technology
- Experience in a team environment.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Tech DirectorCalvary Chapel Oceanside
- Oceanside, California
- December 1
Video Producer / CoordinatorCenterPoint Church
- Massapequa, New York
- November 30
Golf Course Road Church of Christ
We see a Church who…. Loves Jesus and His Word, is known for its love for one another, and brings hope, support and healing to our broken community and to the world. GOD’S WORD A church who… • Honors the Word of God, commits itself to sound teaching, and is intentional and proactive in teaching the Word from birth to prime timers • Loves the Word of God, and that through studying the Word grows into a deeper, more personal relationship with Jesus • Knows the Word and each member is in daily Bible study PRAYER A church who… • Prays c More...