Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Status: Part-time, averaging 15 hours per week
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Position Summary: The youth director of Cornerstone Community Church (Cornerstone) will have primary responsibility for the spiritual formation, discipleship and outreach of our youth ministry (CORE).
1. Provide support and oversight for the CORE.
2. Evaluate the ministry goals and revise as necessary. Lead a team of adult leaders to accomplish the goals and purposes of the ministry.
3. Assume primary leadership of weekly CORE meetings.
4. Ensure alignment of the CORE’s ministries and practices with Cornerstone’s mission and values.
6. Spend time with students outside of normal church activities as part of a discipleship plan.
7. Grow the ministry through evangelistic outreach and by creating a welcoming environment for students and their friends.
8. Communicate regularly with students and their families regarding events, goals and vision.
9. Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor to set priorities for this position and to discuss the ministry.
10. Maintain a personal spiritual formation plan.
11. Maintain a personal leadership development plan, setting attainable goals and benchmarks to grow in leadership skills.
12. Provide opportunities for ministry activities outside of normal church hours (conferences, concerts, group outings, etc.).
13. Attend all Cornerstone leadership team meetings and retreats.
Required Core Competencies and Qualifications
1. Display the biblical characteristics of a church leader, as specified in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
2. Exhibit a personal and growing relationship with God, have a teachable spirit and healthy
3. Be in agreement with Cornerstone’s statement of faith.
3. Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Have good organizational and time management skills.
5. Clearly articulate, spoken and written, organizational information and biblical teaching.
6. Possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and provide proof of insurance.
7. Exhibit proficiency in computer skills and social media outlets.