Thank you for your interest in the Children’s Ministry Director position available at Lakewood Park Baptist Church. Please provide the following information for our search team to review.
Cover Letter that includes:
- Personal testimony of salvation
- Personal philosophy of ministry
Resume that includes:
- Years of Experience
- Other relevant qualifications such as: Ministry leadership roles, Programs led, Certifications held, Etc.
LAKEWOOD PARK MINISTRIES
Job Title: Director of Children’s Ministries
Reports to: Senior Pastor – Lakewood Park Baptist Church
Level: Church Staff
Type of Position: Full Time
Overview: Lead, organize and implement a mutually enjoyable, safe and biblical children’s ministry integrating both the church’s children’s ministry and the church’s community day care ministry.
- A degree in the field of organizational leadership, church ministry, administration or education.
- A proven track record (5 years) of leadership and discipleship – specifically in the area of Children’s / Child Care Ministries – with emphasis on experience in administration.
- Demonstrated ability to manage healthy financial systems (budget, payroll, accounts payable/ receivable, etc.)
- Must be able to hire / recruit, train, support and manage employees and volunteers.
- Able to work well within the context of the church ministry team.
- A committed Christ follower who:
- Worships God
- Maintains spiritual vitality
- Lives in obedience to the Word of God
- Surrenders to the Holy Spirit
- Possesses a love for and has experience in building disciples, specifically children and their parents.
- Has healthy relationships at church, at home and in the community.
- A spiritual gift that connects to the role (eg. teaching, administration).
- Ability to clearly communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Know how to use and implement current technology.
- To operate the ministries within the context of biblical authority.
- To respect the God-given role of the parents as the primary leaders of their children.
- To be a contributing member of Lakewood Park Baptist Church and be in full support of the church’s ministries, including Lakewood Park Christian School.
- Equip and train parents, church ministry leaders and child care employees to “Build Up Disciples For Life”.
- Equip and train children in both the church and child care ministry to be “Disciples For Life”.
- Insure that all state requirements for child care facility and child care employees are carried out with excellence within the given timeframe.
- Insure that the church’s Child Protection Policy is strictly enforced.
- Maintain excellence in all areas of responsibility, including staffing, programs, facilities, etc.
- Oversee church children’s ministry programming: Sunday morning ministries, Wednesday night ministries, and annual Vacation Bible School.
- Manage the children’s ministry and child care ministry finances.
- Attend and participate in weekly Church Staff meetings.
- Lead monthly Children’s Ministry Leadership Team meeting.
- Develop and implement children’s ministry and child care events.