Guided by the mission and pastoral vision of the church, the Director of Worship & Arts will plan, administrate, and oversee the production of the church’s corporate worship experiences. This ministry team member will develop, schedule, and evaluate all music and liturgical arts ministries that are involved in the production of the church’s regular and special worship services. The Director of Worship & Arts is an at-will position that will be filled by a Christian professional who holds specialized credentials in worship planning and administration.
- Overall leadership and accountability for the planning, production, and execution of the regular and special worship services of the church that advances the pastoral vision for the church’s ministry. This includes oversight for the music ministry and liturgical arts department.
- Since the music ministry is a key element of the church’s worship experience, the Director of Worship & Arts will oversee the leadership and direction of the Church music ministry staff, and music units/choirs.
- When necessary, shall serve as a principal director and/or musician for the Church’s music units/choirs.
- Ensure the development of worship services that minister the full-spectrum of Christian sacred music, and integrates the pageantry of the liturgical arts ministries.
- Plan worship services, as well as, special music and arts programs in accordance with the Christian liturgical calendar, and coordinate all other worship-related entities in the development of such experiences.
- Engage in creative visioning for worship planning that enhances the pageantry and dynamism of sacred worship.
- Provide for staff and lay staff development of worship and arts ministries.
- Establish central programmatic priorities and team planning for worship.
- Coordinate the planning of key worship events, in conjunction with the pastor and ministerial staff, including concerts, special programming, and events (i.e. Easter, Christmas, Watch Night, Revivals, Black History Month).
- Establish a structure for staff and lay volunteers to be well-informed about initiatives and activities
- Ensure the strategic organization of all worship-related budgets around ministry related priorities
- Effectively teach and accompany choral aggregations as needed
- Provide and provide for accompaniment for funerals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Pastor or designee.
- Strong commitment to Jesus Christ and His Church
- At least one professional degree and/or certification within the field of music
- A minimum of 4 years of successful experience administering worship and arts in a church context.
- Theologically grounded and biblically informed
- A Competent & Compassionate Leader
- Good Administrative skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Possess choral conducting skills
- Basic Computer skills
- Commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings, both professionally and personally.
- Understanding and appreciation for the breadth and variety of African-American sacred music
- Provide professional and pastoral references.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Organist/Music DirectorSt.John the Evangelist
- Abington, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18