Position Title: Media Director
To work with the A/V Director in providing professional media and video services for the church’s worship services, special events, concerts, and meetings in accordance with the Pastoral vision. This ministry team member shall support the media outreach
vision of the church by serving as the primary video editor. This is a full-time, at-will position in which the individual will work towards the implementation of a comprehensive media outreach strategy for the church that results in (1) high quality, industry
standard media and video for church worship services, events, and special projects containing video, (2) high quality media products (i.e. DVD’s, CD’s, etc.), and (3) high quality, industry standard internet and/or broadcast media. This ministry team member
should also look for new ways to advance the mission of the church and the spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ using new cutting edge technologies (i.e. podcasts, mp3 downloads, etc.).
Specific List of Responsibilities
- Provide professional video production, editing, and media services for the church with excellence.
- Direct the training and utilization of volunteers in the area of video production and video editing.
- Assist in the technical planning and coordination of worship services, special events, concerts, and productions, in collaboration with the Worship & Arts Department.
- Provide video editing services for the production of the weekly video announcements, event promos, and other video content to advance the church’s media and broadcast goals.
- Responsible for the implementation of a broadcast and/or Internet media strategy in accordance with the Pastoral vision of the church.
- Work collaboratively and in conjunction with staff and other ministry entities to guarantee the delivery of video and media services according to industry standards and with a spirit of excellence.
- Provide professional video production for the church’s multiple Sunday worship services, special events, revivals, Bible Study, concerts, funerals, weddings, etc. Also, responsible for ensuring that all events requiring video services are covered by trained
staff or lay personnel.
- Meet prior to worship services or special events for sound, lighting and video checks.
- Responsible for developing a training and operations manual for the Video Ministry.
- Responsible for developing an operating and equipment budget on an annual basis.
- Responsible for the development of an intentional and attractive multi-media ministry including Internet, broadcast, audio, visual, DVD and CD technologies.
- Be available to operate video for any approved outside group using the above-mentioned services.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all video equipment.
- If necessary, supervise and coordinate any outside contractors performing work on the church’s video equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of all video equipment, audio, video, and graphic clips.
- Work towards the production of professional quality media products, to include DVD’s, and broadcast media (internet or television).
- Ensure that proper procedures are in place for editing, labeling, recording, and cataloguing of master video recordings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor or his designee.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in Media, Mass Communications.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Strong project management or organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide the Media Department volunteers.
- Excellent technical understanding with the ability to train and develop team members.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficient in graphic design and video editing.
- A church media director should have a working knowledge of videography, including video cameras, video recording, video uploading, and video file storage.
- Ability to operate the worship software to include PowerPoint, Keynote, Easy Worship, Media Shout, etc.