Christ Community Church is currently seeking a high-energy person passionate about biblical community to provide strategic pastoral leadership for three streams of community connections on our 15th Street Campus: our Life Group ministry, our assimilation/hospitality
ministries, and our volunteer/serving culture. This person will also serve as the up-front campus pastor at our weekend services. Given the increasing Latino demographic in the area, this person must be able to effectively engage both Anglo and Hispanic cultures.
We Are Seeking a Person Who ...
- Is growing in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and embraces the message of the gospel.
- Possesses a pastor’s heart, with high people-orientation, coupled with the ability to effectively manage details and work with a diversity of people in a fast-paced ministry environment.
- Has proficiency in developing current and emerging leaders, and in supporting people in their spiritual growth in Christ.
- Demonstrates excellence in oral and written communications -- both in English and in Spanish -- and is comfortable speaking in front of groups of people.
- Has proficiency in working with web-based information systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Has experience in working within a multi-ethnic context, preferably Latino.
Areas of Primary Leadership Responsibility
Life Groups: Develops and oversees the process for cultivating and deploying Life Groups, and aligning people with Life Groups; empowering leaders of Life Groups; communicating the vision and values of the Life Group ministry in the life
of Christ Community.
- Next Area / Information Station:
Oversees all volunteers, processes, communications, furnishings, and use of technology in the Next Area and at the Information Station. Recruits and schedules relationally-wired, warm and inviting team-players to serve in these areas.
- Ushers and Greeters:
Oversees all volunteers, processes, communications, schedules and materials used by these two teams. Works with team leaders to recruit and schedule relationally-wired, warm and inviting team-players to fully staff these areas for all regularly-scheduled weekend
services (and at special services/events as scheduled and requested).
- General: Ensures the overall lobby facilitates relational connections and warmth in embracing our guests and regular attendees. Maintains an eye on increasing the impact and user-friendliness
of our facility in enhancing relational connections, partnering with others in implementing changes that will enhance our impact in this area.
Assimilation of Guests / Disconnected: Sets the pace for leaders, teams and ministries to have a welcoming, supportive spirit in reaching out to guests and people seeking to connect. Leads in helping us embrace a culture where people
feel loved and valued from their very first connection with Christ Community.
Serving Connections: Sets the pace for leaders, teams and ministries to have a welcoming, supportive spirit in reaching out to people seeking to serve in their area of ministry. Leads in helping us embrace and champion a volunteer culture,
where people can experience community while investing their gifts, passions, abilities, personal style and life experiences as a part of a Christ Community ministry. Provides equipping, encouragement and vision to make this a reality.