First Evangelical Free Church (FEFC) of McKeesport, Pa. is looking to hire a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry (nursery-grade 5). We’re looking for a person who is a passionate follower of Jesus, and has a contagious love for children and families.
This position requires someone who is a self-starter with strong organizational skills.
Other aspects of who we are looking for:
- Conservative, evangelical, Bible-believing Christian
- Strong relational skills
- Experience in a multi-cultural/ethnic environment
- An accredited degree in Children’s Ministry or related field
- At least 2 years experience leading Children’s Ministry in a mid-large local church (400+)
Job Description for Director of Children’s Ministry
- Reporting to the Lead Pastor this exempt, full time position shall require the following abilities and talents in order to meet the needs of those served:
- A sincere interest and care for those served by the pastoral staff of First Evangelical Free Church (FEFC) and for the entire ministry of FEFC.
- Agreement with the doctrinal positions of FEFC as expressed in the EFCA Statement of Faith and core church documents (Constitution & Bylaws, Staff Handbook, Financial Policies & Procedures).
- Demonstrated skill in recruiting, overseeing and developing volunteers.
- Ability to work well within a team ministry structure, as evidenced by relationships characterized by Biblical unity and the Fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23).
- Proven ability to share the Gospel and lead children to faith in Jesus Christ.
- The ability to properly speak, read, and write the English language.
- Ability to lead and serve children, families, and volunteers from multiple cultural and ethnic backgrounds as evidenced by sensitivity and effective integration of people from all walks of life into Children’s Ministry, retention of volunteers, and growth
- Evidence a clear love for children and families.
- Provide oversight and coordination of all aspects of CM.
- Implement and communicate the vision, mission, and core values of CM and FEFC.
- Oversee the recruitment, development, evaluation, and involvement of the leaders of CM, including Sunday School, Children’s Church, Wednesday night programs, nursery, AWANA, VBS, and other special programs.
- Oversee the development, evaluation, coordination, and implementation of curriculum used in all CM departments.
- Oversee the preparation of the CM budget annually in conjunction with the Business Manager and Treasurer.
- Set up an effective, comprehensive process for on-going training and development of volunteer teachers and leaders for CM.
- Help develop programs sensitive to children with special needs in order to reach the special needs families in our church and community.
- Oversee the application of the Child Sexual Abuse Prevention policy to all leaders and helpers who are involved in children’s programs.
- Oversee utilization, change, and upgrade of facilities to maximize the creative atmosphere of CM.
- Lead a safe environment of love and acceptance for all children attending FEFC.
- Follow up with guests and children that have been absent.
- Stay current with trends / advances in the field of Children’s Ministry.
- Other duties as assigned.
FEFC is part of the Evangelical Free Church of America (www.efca.org). We have been in existence since 1887 as a Gospel witness in McKeesport and the greater Pittsburgh area. We are a church of 500+ with a multiple staff. McKeesport offers affordable
housing and easy access to Pittsburgh, rated as one of American’s most livable cities.
To learn more about FEFC, check our website at: www.myfefc.org.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with three references to Pastor Kirk Albrecht (email@example.com) with “CM Director inquiry” in the subject line.