About Team Church:
Team Church is a growing, dynamic and relational fellowship in the suburbs of Charlotte, North Carolina.
Since 1999, Team church has strived to make a life-changing impact on our community and our world. Team Church is a growing congregation of 1,200 (800+ Sunday average), and is a staff-led church – composed of Pastors and support staff, with guidance
and accountability from the Lead Team.
What We Desire In A Student Pastor:
The Student Pastor will help take our Student Ministry to the next level of growth and impact. The Student Pastor is expected to think strategically about the growth of students both in numbers (reaching new teenagers) and discipleship
(growing fully-devoted followers of Christ).
The Student Pastor will lead a ministry that is grace-driven to reach students far from God. However, one that is also biblically-driven and rooted so that it challenges Christian students to lead God honoring lives in a culture
that may oppose their Biblical beliefs.
• Skilled in teaching/preaching weekly to a large crowd of Students. (200+)
• Skillfully adept in building volunteer teams to serve in an expanding student ministry.
• Passionate about reaching unchurched students without any biblical literacy or knowledge about God.
• Passionate about discipling students who have received Christ.
• A high energy team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
• Skilled in setting up strategic systems that challenge students to grow in discipleship as mature followers of Christ who want to impact the world now and after graduation.
• Skilled in basic social media technologies that it can be leveraged in ministry.
• Knowledgeable in biblical and theological studies.
• A college graduate
You Will Need To Be:
• A motivated Self-Starter who initiates action and does not need to be micro-managed.
• The primary teacher and creative planner of our Wednesday night student service that has a student led band, production, host team and the like.
• Responsible for planning, organizing and spiritually leading our Home Team discipleship small groups. Continually recruiting, training, discipling and encouraging adult volunteers.
• A person who enjoys athletics and can participate at some level.
• Responsible for all leadership/team building for our own summer camp and winter retreats.
Would be Awesome if you:
• Are able to live in Charlotte and invest your life in Team Church without feeling a need to move due to personal or professional desires within next three years.
• Have a sense of humor and outgoing personality that can fit into our current staff team.
• See God as the only super star in ministry and don’t have social media fame and rock star status as your personal goal in ministry.
All degrees may apply. However, a college graduate with a degree in Bible or Christian Ministry or a Masters is preferred.
If interested in being considered, please email ALL of the following items directly to
Kenny@teamchurch.com - do not apply on
• Letter of Introduction detailing who you are, educational background, spiritual background and testimony, and outlining your experience in teaching and leading a student ministry.
• A current resume with photo
• Links to video and audio of you teaching/preaching to students. (video is preferred)