Position: Co-Director of Music & Worship
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Updated: May 2014
- Agreement with TFRC vision and values and the theology and practice of the Reformed Church in America.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university in Worship Arts, Music or closely related area of study.
- Some ministry experience in a growing church preferred.
- Experience in building effective leadership teams preferred.
- A personal walk evidenced by growth in modeling Jesus.
- Teachable, with a desire to grow in your faith and abilities.
- A self-starter – highly motivated.
- An ability to lead worship and train up musicians.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A good role model.
- Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others).
Note: Some areas of responsibility below are shared; others are yours alone:
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY: Coordinating & Leading Worship
- Design and coordinate worship services with pastors. (shared)
- Recruit new musicians for worship team. (shared)
- Lead Worship 1-2 times per month.
- Coordinate Thanksgiving and Good Friday services.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY: Music Training or Assistance for other ministries
- Assist other adult ministries with vocal/instrumental needs. This means being available to adult ministry groups such as Men’s, Women’s & Young Family ministry groups, ‘Transitions’, ‘Young at Heart’, etc. (shared)
- Help with children and youth ensembles. This means helping to raise up children and youth to be worship leaders and providing musical training and opportunities for worship leadership within all age groups.
- Conduct some vocal and/or instrumental training.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY: Special Events and Technical Coordination
- 1. Help coordinate special events and concerts (shared)
- 2. Coordinate sound/computer/music for weddings & funerals. (shared)
- 3. Oversee video team to create & edit worship and promotional videos. This means putting together a video team that would create videos for all ministries to be used in worship, on our website and in other promotion.
- 4. Oversee purchase and repair of video/tech equipment in east building.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY: Magic Valley School of Performing Arts (MVSPA)
The vision of the school is “Redeeming the Arts for the glory of God”. It is a unique opportunity to reach out beyond our church community and expose kids to the performing arts, to uncover God-given talents and do it in an environment that pleases God.
- Serve on the board of directors (meeting once a month) to help provide direction and set policy.
- Assist with leadership and support of the three departments: music, drama and dance, based on skills or preferences.
- We anticipate 8-10 hours per week will be devoted to this ministry.
- Assist in development of worship/music/tech budget.
- As part of the ministry leadership team, be prepared to assist with other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Music/Musician (Youth & Young Adults)Private Profile
- Houston, Texas
- January 20
Worship LeaderMountain View Presbyterian Church
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Twin Falls Reformed Church
Twin Falls Reformed Church is made up of a diverse group of Christ followers who together are striving to live out our vision of being a vibrant community, passionately modeling Jesus Christ throughout the Magic Valley. Together, we are committed to discovering what it means to not just be a believer in Jesus Christ, but to also stive to model the life of Jesus Christ in all we think, say, and do. We do this through a commitment to inspiring worship, multiple opportunities for deeping in faith and knowledge, and a commitment More...