Director of Operations
The Director of Operations (DO) is responsible for managing the administrative requirements of The Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd (aka “Good Shepherd” or “GS”).
- Active growing faith development demonstrated by broad church or theological ministry experience.
- Significant skills and experience in the operations oversight of a church body or similar non-profit organization.
- BS in a Management related field or significant experience in similar organization.
- Ability to work within and support the mission and values of GS.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Leadership and Interpersonal skills.
- Strong Supervisory, administrative and decision making skills.
- Strong computer skills including demonstrated understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
- Directly supervises all Office Staff.
- Interfaces with GS Program Directors to ensure seamless coordination and overall synergy among the various Ministry Programs.
- Provides appropriate and timely communication to GS Trustees and GS Council.
- Acts as primary resource to GS Members and Volunteers in carrying out their activities.
Requirements of the Position
Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Insure all GS Ministries comply with applicable Federal and State reporting requirements.
- Continuing education and/or participation in membership forums dealing with such issues is strongly encouraged.
- Maintain accurate financial record keeping.
- Insure transparency and knowledge of current and foreseeable financial status by regular communication with GS Treasurer and GS Board of Trustees.
- Serve as member of and primary staff resource for the annual Budget Development Committee including review of staff compensation.
- Utilize generally accepted accounting principles to ensure maximum efficiency in maintenance of financial records and interface with the Financial Review Committee and external Auditor review.
- Insure efficient scheduling and coordination with external and internal groups desiring use of space on the Church Campus.
- Develop policies to insure efficient and appropriate use of space for all activities occurring on the Church Campus.
- Interface and coordinate with the existing Property and Grounds Committee which has responsibility to maintain the campus in its current functional operating condition.
- Insure an inventory of all church property is recorded and maintained.
- Oversee all vendor contractual agreements.
- Serve as the prime resource and director of all fund -raising activities conducted at GS. These can include an annual Stewardship campaign to be coordinated with the Senior Pastor to insure appropriate philosophy of stewardship, special congregational fund-raising activities approved by the GS Trustees, and future capital funding campaigns.
- Implement new and/or develop processes to enhance financial donations made to GS. These can include both technology aspects (eg: on-line or credit card donations) and programmatic aspects (eg: legacy or estate planning).
- Function as the prime administrative resource/consultant for all staff in the conduct of their program operation. This should include a regular “performance audit” with recommendations on enhancing the conduct of those programs.
- Insure annually all insurance policies are adequate to meet GS needs and exposures.
- Review administrative procedures and recommend/implement enhancements and efficiencies to those procedures, including the development of policy and procedures manuals.
- Review computer record keeping processes (both equipment and programs) and electronic databases (Church Management Systems) to insure their coordination, efficiency and adequacy.
- Work with the Director of Communications to recommend, implement and maintain all IT systems needed to meet the operations of GS.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and as needed to meet Trustee and/or Council policies.
Salary will be commensurate to experience and education.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Discipleship PastorEngedi Church
- Holland, Michigan
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
Associate Pastor for DiscipleshipCanopy Roads Baptist Church
- Tallahassee, Florida
- January 14
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- January 12
Executive Director - Impact ChurchPrivate Profile
- East Point, Georgia
- January 11
The Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd
Our Mission: To be a Congregation so deeply and confidently rooted in the Gospel of God's grace in Jesus Christ that we are free to give our life joyfully in Worship, Witness, Nurture and Service.More...