Job Summary: The facilities technician is responsible to assist the facilities manager in the suitable provision of safety, security, maintenance, and appearance of the building and grounds of New Life Community Church and Luther North High School
facility located at 5700 W. Berteau, Chicago, IL.
Facilities technician’s job duties are to assist in and/or perform basic maintenance functions as related to the following:
- Be available to respond and assist to building emergencies.
- Monitor the safety and security of the building by inspection, identification and reporting of deficiencies found compromising the safety, security and/or proper function of building systems.
- Prepare facility for meeting needs on Wednesday evenings and Sunday services, to include – setting up and taking down furniture/equipment in meeting areas as necessary to meet required function for the event, opening and closing of building before
and after the events as necessary, and minor cleanup of event areas before and after event.
- Assist and support the facilities engineer to perform minor repairs and maintenance:
- replacement of repair of switches, outlets, light fixtures, and circuit breakers/fuses.
- replacement of light bulbs and ballasts in lights fixtures
- basic plumbing repairs to flush valves, shut off valves, toilets, urinals, sinks, traps, supply and waste piping.
- cleaning of boiler/ac units/and associated components, changing of filters, oiling, and greasing of equipment as necessary.
- daily monitoring and servicing of boilers and associated components during the heating season to allow for suitable air tempered conditions.
- basic repairs to windows and replacement of broken glass as necessary.
- basic maintenance/repairs/replacement to doors and hardware to allow for proper working conditions.
- preparation of surface areas, painting and use of painting equipment.
- Assist in facilitating of volunteer work days and or outside vendors servicing the structure in their performance of maintenance activities.
- Assist in monitoring and ordering of needed supplies
- 1-3 years of experience in maintenance or repair capacity
- General knowledge of non-residential building maintenance
- Available for emergencies
- Proficient in the use of hand and electrical power tools of all variety supporting the above noted duties
- Proficient in working on ladders
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to work in confined areas
- Ability to work with chemicals and follow procedures associated to treatment of water associated with the use of the boilers and/or cleaning agents used for treatment of various surfaces
- Must have complete physical mobility to support building and grounds activities
- Ability to communicate with staff and volunteers on facility needs and uses