- Develop relationships with students within the SJD Youth community, their families, and ministry volunteers for the purpose of nurturing their relationships with Jesus Christ.
- Provide an attractive ministry program for girls within the Youth Program, including the participation of adult volunteers partnering with the Youth Staff to disciple students.
- Reach out to students through campus visits, including extracurricular events and activities.
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Director of Girls’ Ministry reports directly to the Director of Youth Ministry. The Director of Girls’ Ministry works in cooperation with the Youth Program Coordinator, the Director of Middle School Ministry, and the
Director of High School Ministry to ensure that the efforts of all Youth Staff and volunteers are coordinated to maximize their effectiveness.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ with a clear understanding and ability to articulate effectively Christian faith and doctrine.
- A four-year degree is desirable with experience in youth ministry preferable.
- Outgoing personality and ability to work well with both students and adults.
- Should be detail oriented, self-directed, and able to follow through on tasks and assignments in a timely and effective manner.
- A firm understanding and passionate commitment to Christian education.
- Knowledge of and skill in using computer programs, such as Microsoft Office and other office support software.
- Submit to a thorough background check.
- Is an advocate of and prays for the students and their participation in the life of St. John the Divine (SJD).
- Builds relationships with the students and families of the church. One of the keys to an effective Youth program will be the development of, and investment in, adult volunteers for involvement in the lives of our students, establishing relationships, shepherding,
and helping them to develop deep, meaningful relationships with Jesus Christ, other adults, and students in the program.
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of the names of all active and peripheral members of the Youth Program as well as the names of their families.
- Serve as a mentor and counselor for girls and their families, maintaining a readily accessible referral list of professional counselors in the community.
- Regularly teach and continually work to become increasingly effective in communicating the essentials of the Christian faith to students.
- Attend community and school events involving SJD students at least twice per week.
- In coordination with the Director of Youth Ministry, recruit all needed weekly volunteers (for Sunday school, Midweek, Bible studies, etc.) at least three months before their terms of service are to begin.
- Assist with regular training for all volunteers.
- Create an atmosphere such that the Youth program is seen and understood to be a place of belonging and fellowship for students where emerging spiritual and leadership skills can be developed.
- In coordination with the Director of Youth Ministry, participate in leadership for the development of all Youth programs. These include but are not necessarily limited to: creative input for weekly events, retreats, fellowship programs, and fund raising
- Set a tone of joyful enthusiasm and participate in creating a winsome Christian atmosphere at all Youth events and programs.
- Provide spiritual support and encouragement to the volunteers who work hands-on with students in the Youth program.
- In coordination with the Director of Youth Ministry, coordinate and implement a successful and sustainable model for girls’ small group ministry.
- Be an active worshipper and participating member of St. John the Divine.
- Attend staff worship and small groups.
- Serve on the Youth Board.
- Participate in weekly Youth staff meetings and Bible study.
- Participate in weekly church staff meetings.