Pantego Bible Church, a community-vibrant church in Fort worth, Texas is searching for an Area Pastor to join its leadership team. This position works with the Biblical Community Ministry team to plan, coordinate and support the Biblical Community. This
includes but is not limited to counseling, prayer, weddings, funerals, hospital visitation and crisis management/intervention. This person is responsible for the oversight of day to day activities of these functional areas as well as development of long range
plans for each area to ensure that appropriate capability and capacity exist to meet the needs of our church.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide pastoral care to the people of designated Areas, including counseling, prayer, weddings, funerals, hospital visitation and crisis management/intervention.
- Encourage, equip and mentor current Area leadership including Shepherds, Home Group Leaders and Teachers.
- Identify and train future area leaders including Shepherds, Home Group Leaders and Teachers.
- Develop and implement strategic steps for annually increasing the number of Home Groups within designated Areas.
- Partner with the Connection Pastor in assimilating guests and new members to Community Groups and/or Home Groups.
- Initiate strategic events to promote outreach and deepen community within Area.
- Participate as a member of the Extended Leadership Team in vision, philosophical and ministry discussions.
- Participate in church-wide functions as assigned by Executive Pastor.
- Assist with the counseling/crisis needs of individuals not directly connected to church.
- Lead the following specific ministry(s) as assigned by the Executive Pastor:
Seminary Degree preferred.
Previous pastoral experience required.
To apply submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.