MCLEAN BIBLE CHURCH, PRINCE WILLIAM CAMPUS
2 Chronicles 29:28 - While the whole assembly worshiped, the singers also sang and the trumpets sounded; all this continued until the burnt offering was finished.
McLean Bible Church (MBC) looks for individuals with a wide variety of gifts and talents who are dedicated to Jesus Christ and are living a lifestyle consistent with our Vision, Values and Standards of Christian Conduct. This Worship Leader reports to the Campus Pastor of the Prince William Campus of McLean Bible Church and is responsible for creating an inviting worshipful environment for the congregation. The MBC Prince William campus is located in Manassas, Virginia (in northern Virginia near Washington, DC) and serves approximately 750 congregants per week. The Worship Leader will serve to help build the identity of the Prince William campus and McLean Bible Church as a whole. The Worship Leader is responsible for training and shepherding bands at the local church and overseeing the worship portion of services, including musical selection and arrangements. Note: McLean Bible Church’s main campus Worship Pastor collaborates with all MBC campus worship leaders to ensure consistent quality and theology across all of our locations.
- Skilled Leader - creates an inviting, worshipful environment in which people can encounter the Lord. Gifted vocally, reads music, delivers broad range of musical styles (new to traditional), supports weddings, funerals, etc.
- Shepherd - spiritual leader and teacher of the biblical foundations of musical worship for both the muscian and the congregant . Strong in recruiting, equipping, and empowering God's multi-gifted people.
- Team Player - fosters strong relationships with campus pastor, staff, leaders and congregants. Joyful, engaging, open, embraces deep friendships with accountability and respectful submission to those in authority.
- Multicultural - engages and empowers the diverse racial community of the church. Experienced in multi-racial music and ministry; experienced in ministry to the poor and underesourced.
- Fulfill the duties required of McLean Bible Church members as outlined in the Core Values.
- Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as taught in the Scriptures.
- Philosophical and doctrinal alignment with Scripture/church leadership.
- Passionate about the MBC vision and developing leaders.
- Demonstrated musical skill and theological discernment.
- Proven track record in ministry and biblical discipleship of others at a deacon or elder level.
- Strength in leadership for the church and bands.
- Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to recruit, develop, empower and equip leaders;proven track record of discerning and developing leaders of leaders.
- Skilled vocalist and instrumentalist with ability to deliver a mix of musical genres to satisfy a diverse congregation and to include/accommodate a variety of instruments and vocal styles (contemporary, big band, classical, pop, inspirational, gospel, choral, traditional, etc.)
- Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality and trust regarding leader and member information.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive,loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Weekly service planning including song selection and arrangements for weekend and services (includes leading vocal and band rehearsal weekly).
- Oversee leading worship for weekend campus services as well as weekly staff/leadership meetings
- Disciple, mentor and develop worship leaders and teams who can rotate and provide quality worship
- Build bands within the church and train band leaders in collaboration with the McLean Bible worship pastor.
- Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd music and production volunteers serving with bands and production teams.
- Lead worship for special events (Good Friday, Christmas, weekday events, etc.).
- Participate in songwriting, arranging, and recording.
- Actively involved with the Discipleship and Outreach priorities of MBC Prince William and carry out the overall vision of corporate worship at the local Prince William campus.
- Participate in local and regional missions, engaging and empowering the diverse community with a heart to bring Christ to the poor,underprivileged and under-resourced.
- Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
- Mature team player, with a passion for ministry and a dynamic walk with Christ.
- Punctual, attention to detail, team player, musician's ear.
- Experience in multicultural music and ministry.
- Experience in ministry to the poor and underprivileged.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience in leading worship preferred
Schedule: (Full Time) Weekly rehearsal, 2 services on Sunday and an anticipated 3rd on Saturday evening
We are currently accepting resumes on an ongoing basis for this position.
Please send your resume and completed application along with links to any online samples of your music or worship videos via email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to McLean Bible Church employment application:
Link to McLean Bible Church - Prince William Campus website:
Date Posted: 05/27/2014
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship PastorNew Community Christian Church
- Salina, Kansas
- January 18
Worship PastorVelocity Church
- South Euclid, Ohio
- January 18
Worship LeaderFaith Community Christian Reformed Church
- Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
- January 18
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Director of Worship (Non-Traditional)Trinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
McLean Bible Church
At McLean Bible Church, our vision is to make an impact on secular Washington with the message of Jesus Christ. Our desire is for you to join God in accomplishing this vision by becoming a fully devoted follower of Christ. Becoming a fully devoted follower is the result of the Holy Spirit’s work in our lives and our personal spiritual disciplines which help create an environment to facilitate our growth. Specifically, we believe that The Four Disciplines – growing in your relationship with Jesus Christ, connecting in biblical com More...