St. Mark Missionary Church has laid a tremendous foundation for student ministries. It has a long history of a healthy, effective, and engaging ministry. It's a place you will be empowered to create and cast vision, collaborate with a great church staff
and partner with parents and other volunteer adult leaders in reaching students with the life-changing truths of Scripture.
If you have experience running weekly programs, recruiting leaders, building teams, teaching effectively, operating a large budget, and doing ministry in the trenches... then this might be the place for you. We believe in our team members, encourage them,
resource them, support them, and enable them to help the church accomplish its overall vision.
If you're looking for a place to dig deep in relationships with students, partner with parents and leaders, and minister alongside a great church staff - then look no further. We believe that this church provides the optimal environment for healthy and
effective ministry. You are encouraged to visit the student ministries website for more information.
This is a full-time position with overall responsibility of helping both middle school and high school students become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. It will include occasional assignments outside student ministry as requested by the Executive
Pastor or Senior Pastor.
- Committed disciple of Jesus Christ whose life models integrity and godliness
- Committed to the discipline of tithing and Biblical financial stewardship
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in ministry (preferred)
- Minimum of three years’ experience leading a student ministry in a local church (preferred)
- Proven track record of success in developing a student ministry program
- Effective communicator of Biblical truth
- Love for and ability to relate to students in grades 6-12
- A team player
- Visionary self-starter
- Build and maintain good relationships with parents of students
- Communicate Biblical truth that will develop disciples
- Spend time with students one on one
- Develop and maintain a structured program that will effectively support the Five Purposes of the Church
- Participate in staff meetings and functions as requested by supervisors
- Recruit and develop a team of volunteer leaders
- Exercise wise management of youth ministry funds
- Be connected to and supportive of the overall ministries of St. Mark
- Attend Sunday morning worship consistently
- Participate in job performance evaluations as determined by supervisors
- Participate in continuing education experiences that can benefit youth ministry