1. B.A. or M.A. Degree in Music or related experience
5. Heart for Community
1. Worship Leadership.
a. Lead worship as necessary.
b. Work with Director of Music and Creative Arts and Lead Pastor in implementing the vision for the worship culture at GMZ.
c. Lead and coach the band and praise and worship teams in embracing GMZ's established worship values.
d. Plan, direct, and perform the music for all Saturday, Sunday, special services, Baptism and Communion service, and funerals in consultation with the Lead Pastor, the Director of Music and Creative Arts, and other worship leaders.
e. Work with Director of Music and Creative Arts in planning monthly calendars for worship music, selecting music honoring our 80% contemporary and 20% traditional blend of music for regular services.
f. Work with Director of Music and Creative Arts, Media Director and Audio Technicians to provide balanced house and band sound and sound mix for all worship experiences.
g. Attend worship team meetings.
h. Recruit, train, and utilize gifted soloists, musicians, and music directors.
2. Oversee Praise and Worship Musical Units.
a. Select praise and worship music to meet our thematic worship goals.
b. Rehearse praise and worship team weekly.
c. Establish annual goals for the praise and worship musical units and establish guidelines to measure effectiveness.
d. Recruit and coach praise and worship team leaders and members to effectively lead worship.
e. Develop a curriculum or use a resource to teach worship to praise team members.
f. Annually review performance of praise team members.
3. Oversee Band.
a. Serve as band director.
b. Prepare music for musicians and horn sections.
c. Rehearse band team weekly.
d. Recruit, equip, and coach band members to effectively be a part of the worship experience.
e. Conduct bi-annual and annual performance reviews of band members:
· Trumpet player
· Keyboard player
· Bass guitarist
f. Coordinate the maintenance and repair of musical equipment.
4. Assist Director of Music and Creative Arts.
a. Enhance current choir units.
b. Support goals to establish new choir units as opportunities present themselves - Children's Choir, Women's Chorus, Male Chorus, and smaller singing groups.
c. Support goals to enhance and develop creative arts ministries to effectively be a part of the worship experience.
5. Provide Leadership Development and Discipleship.
a. In collaboration with the Director of Music and Creative Arts establish annual goals for the music ministry.
b. Meet regularly with praise team and band to set goals and encourage spiritual growth.
c. Provide spiritual leadership through relational ministry to praise team and band team members through team devotions, mentoring, fellowship activities, and encouraging members to join a Circle of Greatness.
d. Involve members in church life beyond the activities of the praise and band teams.
6. Work with the Creative Planning Team to plan worship services, select music, and schedule performances of drama, dance, and other artistic ministries during regular and special worship services.
7. Utilize Planning Center Online (PCO) to communicate and schedule performances, distribute music for worship services, and assist in planning worship services.
8. Attend conference and seminars to enhance knowledge and skills at leading music ministries.
9. Minister to paid and non-paid staff under your leadership in times of bereavement, loss, and celebration.
10. Lead and/or participate in a Circle of Greatness.
11. Live according to the moral qualifications of overseers in 1 Timothy 3:1-8.
12. Support the Lead Pastor, his vision, direction, and requests.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Organist/Music DirectorSt.John the Evangelist
- Abington, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18