Northway Church currently has an opening for the position of Worship Pastor. Our desire is to find someone who understands worship as a part of discipleship and is more interested in developing disciples than developing a great Sunday morning “show.” While we desire excellence in all of our ministry areas, we do so with an eye toward developing fully devoted followers of Christ.
Here is a little about our church:
We are a contemporary church (you can visit our website to see media) with Southern Baptist roots. Our church is approximately fifteen years old and is located in a growing suburb of Macon, close to shopping, schools, and neighborhoods. Our church has seen significant growth in the last five years (roughly doubling in attendance in this time). Our attendance runs close to 1000 on most Sundays and we are planning for the expansion of our current facilities.
Our church has a strong emphasis on Family Ministry, and as a result, our congregation consists primarily of young families while having middle aged and senior adults as well. We also draw some from the colleges in Macon (Mercer, Wesleyan, and Mid-Georgia State).
We are seeker-sensitive, but not seeker-driven. We attract a lot of “church-returners” from a range of denominational backgrounds.
Our adult discipleship takes place within small groups (we call them Home Teams), and have a “simple church” model as an overall discipleship plan.
Our Lead Pastor has been in his position for seven years. The church is healthy, stable, and growing.
The Worship Pastor at Northway Church is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; someone with a passion for music and the role it plays in congregational worship; someone who is able to thrive in a team environment; someone who has respect for and love of the great hymns of the past and also thrives on the current expressions of worship; someone with an ability to inspire and engage a congregation in worship. This position provides the leadership for the worship environments of Northway Church with responsibilities for creative planning with heavy emphasis on cultural relevance and spiritual reverence.
1. Lead worship for Sunday services at Northway Church. Currently there are two services, Sunday at 9:00 and 10:30. Both services are identical. Provide leadership in other services as needed.
2. Lead worship team rehearsals.
3. Facilitate the congregation's participation in authentic worship.
4. Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor paid / volunteer instrumentalists and vocalists.
5. Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer worship leaders.
6. Lead, disciple, and oversee the spiritual development of the Worship Ministry Team.
7. Participate on the Creative Planning Team for weekly planning and production of thematically integrated services.
8. Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
9. Lead or oversee and train leaders in Student Ministry worship venues.
10.Train students and / or student volunteers in leading worship.
11. Become knowledgeable in lighting, sound, and presentation software, and be able to assist in these production components when needed.
12. Develop annual ministry plan and budget for Worship Ministry Team.
13. Continued honing of musical proficiency.
14. Create an Ableton (or similar) session every week to help aid in the Sunday worship
15. Willing to serve in other areas of ministry at Northway Church.
1. Can both lead and thrive in a team-based environment.
2. Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
3. Pastoral presence on the platform, with an ability to engage the heart of the people through music and words.
4. Has a strong creative side and is able to use this creativity to plan worship that both inspires and challenges.
5. Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
6. Ability to play multiple instruments (preferably piano and guitar).
7. Able to read and write musical arrangements (or willing and able to learn).
8. Growing knowledge/appreciation for spiritual and secular music from the past and present.
9. A track record of significant impact and effectiveness as a worship leader for large gatherings.
10. Able to mentor others with wisdom and grace.
11. Knowledgeable in programs like Ableton, Logic, and Reason.
12. Able to lead with In Ear monitors and a metronome.
13. Be able or willing to learn how to plan and schedule musicians and volunteers through Planning Center Online (or similar program).
1. A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it.
2. Committed to spiritual integrity and artistic excellence.
3. Committed to the community of Northway Church.
4. In agreement with Northway Church's doctrine, mission, and values (please see our website).
***Please DO NOT apply through churchstaffing (i.e. Do not click "apply now" below).
Any candidate desiring consideration must abide by the following: Please submit all resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in a Word or Pages document. All candidates must also send a link to a video sample of worship. Please do not mail DVD's to the church. No phone calls, mailed resumes, visits, or other forms of communication, please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship PastorNew Community Christian Church
- Salina, Kansas
- January 18
Worship PastorVelocity Church
- South Euclid, Ohio
- January 18
Worship LeaderFaith Community Christian Reformed Church
- Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
- January 18
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Director of Worship (Non-Traditional)Trinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17