Snapshot of Glen Ellyn Bible Church
Glen Ellyn Bible is a community of people seeking to learn what it means to follow and be transformed by God through a relationship with Jesus. We take care of our members and guests alike with programs for all ages built for them. At Glen Ellyn Bible Church,
our goal is to make Disciples of Jesus.
We engage in four activities to develop the eight attributes of disciples who glorify God and enjoy Him forever:
- Proclaiming the Gospel (Romans 10:14) We proclaim that salvation is by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ and call all people to live lives of worship.
- Restoring the Broken (Galatians 6:1-2) People are restored primarily through their dependence upon the Holy Spirit and a connection in fellowship with other believers.
- Equipping the Believer (Ephesians 4:11-13) Believers are equipped through God’s Word for obedience and called to lives of service using their spiritual gifts.
- Sending out Disciples (Matthew 28:18-20) Disciples are a people sent out. We are to pursue the lost intentionally and love others selflessly.
Although not necessarily thought to be an exhaustive list, the Elders of GEBC have identified these four activities modeled by Jesus and embraced by the early church that are essential to the disciple making effort. Our programming at GEBC revolves around
these four activities
Student Ministry Assistant Director Job Description
We are looking for somebody to join our student ministry team and help lead primarily in our Junior High ministry, but will be actively involved in student ministries at GEBC as a whole and will be an active staff participant in the planning, vision, and programming
of the church as a whole. This person must be a team player and not afraid to jump in and take ministry risks/challenges. This is a great opportunity to get started in vocational ministry and our hope is to bring in somebody with a desire to serve long term
in the church. Listed below is a job description for this position:
- Challenge students to grow in their faith through teaching and mentoring
- Create and implement programs that build community and reach un-churched students
- Recruit and equip adult volunteers to minister to students
- Create and implement programming that encourages, equips, and empowers parents in their role of raising God honoring students
- Provide direct oversight and leadership to the JH School Ministries
- Share in oversight and leadership of the Student Ministries Department
- Assist the SM Director in planning, teaching and leading weekly student meetings, including midweek and Sunday morning programming
- Recruit, equip and empower adult volunteers to serve in JH Ministries
- Create and implement programs that build community within the group and reach out to unchurched students
- Help plan and lead Student Ministries winter/summer retreats and missions trips
- Disciple Junior High leaders, helping them to better understand and embrace their faith
- Provide occasional leadership presence within SH and College Ministries
- Support church ministries in all other duties as assigned by the SM Director
How to Apply
This position is full time with benefits. Applicants should have a Bachelor's degree in a related field and experience working with students in a teaching/leadership capacity. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, any teaching samples, and
a resume to email@example.com.