Christian Fellowship Church of Ashburn, VA is currently looking to fill the position of Director of High School. The High School Director, as a member of the Student Ministry Staff, will be responsible for the development and direction of all high school
(grades 9-12) events and programming.
- Have appropriate formal theology training in youth ministry or equivalent experience (Bachelor Degree preferred).
- Full time ministry experience preferred.
- Feel the calling of God to help youth develop a strong ethical background.
- Demonstrate a personal walk with the Lord Jesus Christ on a daily basis that would be a role model for youth.
- Must believe in the principles of faith of Christian Fellowship Church and the overall vision.
- Be familiar with principles for development of attractional and missional initiatives.
- Be proficient in basic use of social and multimedia and database management.
- Be able to work within existing Student Ministry organizational structure.
- Be able to develop and implement youth ministry infrastructure and environment.
- Demonstrate the gifting of leadership and management specifically in the areas of organization, supervision, team building and communication with teens, their parents and volunteers.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate a gifting in encouragement and discernment.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the direction of the High School student ministries, casting vision, teaching and giving oversight to the formulation of the High School student programs and events.
- Work with Director of Student Ministry and Middle School Lead to create cohesive direction of CFC’s student ministries; including vision casting and formulation of programming and events.
- If licensed participate in the administration of sacraments, worship service, spiritual counseling, teaching, baptisms and weddings/funerals as required.
- Serve as member of the CFC Leadership Team.
- With the Director of Student Ministry and Director of Middle School, recruit, train, and motivate leaders and sponsors for youth ministry.
- Coordinate all aspects including room or site preparation, supervision, management and promotion of each component of scheduled events for High School including Sunday morning and Wednesday night services.
- Provide leadership, encouragement and oversight to the High School Student Ministry volunteers.
- Provide first contact and counsel to High School parents.
- Build relationships with and motivate teens by meeting with students outside of the church, to include such activities as school games, social events, meet and greets and the use of social media etc.
- Create and stay within the High School budget.
- Collaborate with other ministries within and outside of the church to develop synergy and networking.