To build and maintain a vital ministry with teenagers and young adults.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
- Is an active and committed disciple of Jesus Christ who is comfortable operating within the theological framework of the Presbyterian Church.
- Possesses a calling and passion for a ministry to youth and young adults.
- Demonstrates Biblical knowledge.
- Has a successful experience in Youth Ministry involvement.
- Able to provide leadership and training of volunteers.
- Have a strong commitment to evangelism and a proven ability to introduce people to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrates strong, effective interpersonal, communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Understands physical growth and development of high school to college age youth.
- Appreciates and is enthusiastic for music and worship.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Is responsible for discipleship, teaching, outreach and fellowship for high school students and young adults.
- a weekly planned gathering to include worship, music, bible study, activities, outreach, faith in action, use of technology (i.e. projector, power point, laptop)
- participate in “Faith Alive” time (Sunday School)
- plan, implement, and oversee mission trips and retreats
- Recruit, train, coordinate, support, and encourage an adult team to be actively involved in Youth Ministry.
- Build relationships with high school youth with a goal of deepening their commitment to Christ.
- Reach out to the unchurched and those who are struggling to find their way.
- Connect with senior high youth through ecumenical and community associations for cooperative teenage ministry. Work with and network with other people involved with youth ministry in the community. Look for opportunities to collaborate and or share resources.
- Participate in Wednesday Night Live and become acquainted with middle school youth.
- Maintain relationships with students moving on to college and provide for their continued spiritual growth.
- Build a ministry for college aged adults that helps to maintain their faith in Christ.
- Communicate and attend monthly youth and young adult team meetings (YAYA).
- Lead, train, and manage interns.
- Communicate to and connect with youth and young adults using current technology and social media.
The Director of Youth & Young Adults Ministries reports directly to the Pastor/Head of Staff and indirectly to the Personnel Committee.
The Director of Youth & Young Adults Ministries shall be assigned a liaison to the Personnel Committee that will serve as an employee advocate.