Purpose of Position: Assists the Pastor as the Youth Pastor and is responsible for the overall development, administration, and management of the youth ministry of the church at all multi-site locations.
Principal Responsibilities: The Youth Pastor reports to the Director of Discipleship and is responsible for overseeing, planning, developing, and implementing effective discipleship strategies that systematically develops the youth and equips
them as they transition into college, military, work force and young adulthood. Evaluates processes to assure the division supports the mission, vision, and values of the church. Coordinates and plan all Sunday services and midweek Bible Study. Coordinates
annual mission trips and retreats. Coordinates and directs the activities of youth workers in each department within the youth department; supervises and coordinates activities of personnel involved in performing the internal operations of the departments/division
for discipleship. Consults senior administrators and staff to determine organizational needs for various services and future plans of the church. Serves as liaison between administration, staff, and volunteers. Coordinates activities of various departments
to ensure arrangements are made for providing service to ministry divisions and ensure that staff and volunteers have resources for youth related ministry. Directs volunteer training to improve effectiveness and efficiency; and ensures compliance of volunteers
with established standards, procedures, and practices. Compiles required and special reports on operating functions of department.
1. Lead the church in planning, coordinating, and evaluating the youth discipleship strategy to fulfill the mission of the church
2. Equip parents to evangelize and disciple their children and their neighbors’ and emphasize the ministry of hospitality, family worship, and family discipleship
3. Serves as the youth/educational resource person and advisor to the volunteers of the youth church’s discipleship processes
4. Provide counseling and support to teens during tough experiences and decisions of life
5. Visit students at school, in hospital, or in homes as needed
6. Work within the church’s guidelines to select, enlist, train qualified leaders and build multi-site youth leaders
7. Prepare and deliver weekly sermons
8. Develop community outreach opportunities, personally and programmatically
9. Develop special educational and training projects such as camps, retreats, and study seminars for youth within the congregation
10. Lead the church to be aware of the educational and curriculum materials available for youth and lead the church to choose the most appropriate
11. Implement a youth discipleship strategy that facilitates the development of youth into fully mature, devoted followers of Christ
12. Prepare an estimated annual youth education budget and administer the approved budget
13. Develop and implement a church wide strategy to equip and mobilize youth for ministry consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the church
14. Supervise appropriate church staff and volunteers as assigned
15. Keep informed on methods, materials, principles, procedures, promotion, and administration as related to the youth program 16. Perform other duties as assigned
Skills: Ability to communicate effectively; strategically plan, organize, develop, motivate, and supervise personnel. Patience, people skills, energetic, Christian maturity and theological acumen essential. Qualifications / Knowledge:
Possess at least a Masters degree in Ministry (MAM), preferably a Masters of Divinity (M.Div.) or Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) degree. Four to five years of supervisory and paid staff experience in Christian ministry.