LEWIS LANE BAPTIST CHURCH
Position Title: Worship and Youth Pastor Reports To: Senior Pastor
Job Status: Fulltime Date Prepared:
Bibical Reference: Ephesians 4:11-16
- · Education -
Bachelor’s degree in music ministry or related field is preferred. Related work experience may be considered while completing degree.
- · Experience: -
Leading worship and youth ministry in a multi-staff setting is preferred. Experience should include leading congregational worship with praise teams, bands/orchestra and choirs. Experience also preferred includes leading youth
Bible studies, conferences, fellowships and mission trips. Presently has a CDL license or is willing to obtain a CDL license
- · Skills - Passion and calling for leading Worship and Youth Ministry that will ensure growth in scope and excellence in both areas. The ability
to recruit, equip and lead volunteers; excellent administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Gifted vocalist and ability to play instrument/instruments considered a plus.
- · Technology - Excellent computer skills. Ability to utilize various software programs and media resources (sound, lighting, and video).
- · Personal - Can bear testimony as a born again, baptized believer and is a mature, growing
disciple of Jesus Christ, who demonstrates a consistent love for God and others. The desire to build strong relationships with other pastors and support staff is a priority. Financially supports the ministries of the church by faithfully giving
a tithe and maintains wise stewardship over personal finances. Maintains strict confidentiality to protect others.
Has the heart of a pastor and the ability to multi-task. Is an inspirational leader, tenacious/resourceful doer, and a team player.
- · Doctrinal - Affirmation of the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. History of faithful service to local Southern Baptist Church and serving within
the philosophy of ministry as set forth in the local church Bylaws, Policies and Procedures Manual, and the Personnel Manual.
- Cares for their own family while pursuing and modeling Christ-like character traits and priorities at all times.
- Must be outgoing and enjoy being around people and be accessible to the membership in general, while serving and sharing the gospel with others.
- · Provides general pastoral care to church members.
- · Designs and implements
plans by providing direction and leadership for all worship services (Contemporary & Traditional), including order of worship, music selections, worship teams/choirs/bands, technology, social media, drama and other creative design
- · Coordinates, oversees,
directs, and evaluates a comprehensive youth ministry.
- · Manages and schedules effective Worship rehearsal times (Praise/Choir) and Youth Bible Study and Events.
- Enlists, trains, and supervises volunteers for support in Worship (assessments, auditions, interviews) and Youth Ministry. Oversees the technical and media resources used by the church with attention given to the identification and training
of volunteer technical personnel for audio, lighting and media.
- · Leads in planning, directing, and evaluating Worship and Youth programs along with senior pastor and appropriate committees. Plans and organizes Worship and Youth social activities along with assistance
of appropriate committees and leaders.
- · Plans and conducts fundraising activities for Worship and/or Youth non-budgeted expenses.
- · Develops and implements strategies to reach unchurched adults and youth.
- · Submits detailed budget to Budget Finance Committee for each area of responsibility (Music and Youth). Administers and manages budget for Worship and Youth as well as accurately accounting
for expenditures/receipt of all funds.
- · Stays abreast of current trends, issues, etc., which is important in all areas of responsibility through ongoing education and networking.
- · Attends weekly staff meetings and other meetings that relate to areas of responsibility or those deemed of importance by Senior Pastor.
- · Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and be willing and available to support all ministries of the church.