The Band Director - is responsible for the proper functioning of the main band/musician staff at FCC. This person will recruit, train, and rehearse the musicians on a weekly basis. On an as needed basis the Band Director will have to lead
worship and be available to play for funerals, weddings, and special events. This position reports directly to Executive Director of Worship & Creative Arts.
1. Gifted and well trained instrumentalist (Organ or Keyboards)
2. Bachelor’s degree in Music Performance or Music Education preferred.
3. Ability to arrange using current technology and software platforms preferred, including development/functional use of 'Click Tracks'.
4. Ability to lead worship preferred.
5. Desire to identify, recruit and train volunteer musicians with the goal of having them participate in leading worship at a corporate event.
6. 3-5 years experience preferred directing or functioning in a lead position of a contemporary worship band.
7. Possess excellent communication skills while interacting with different personalities and varying levels of musicianship.
8. Ability to communicate effectively with a rhythm section emphasizing the need for unity and a “team” perspective.
9. Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills for the purposes of short and long term planning. 10. Willing to have a visible presence within the Fresno community and outside in the greater Central Valley area as well.
11. Must be available for and participate in all weekend services, special times of worship and large church-wide events.
12. Experience with multiple styles of music that are reflective of different musical genres
Please send cover letter and resume along with salary requirements to