ALICE DRIVE BAPTIST CHURCH
Located in Sumter, SC, Alice Drive Baptist Church stands on the beliefs that all people matter to God, the church is a place of grace, we should be like Jesus, and everyone has a purpose. Their mission is to help as many people as possible take their next
step toward Jesus Christ.
To lead this effort in helping children discover Christ and grow in relationship with Him, the Children’s Pastor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, train, motivate, and encourage volunteers to carry out the mission of Alice Drive, and coach staff and volunteers to do the same.
- Plan, coordinate, administer, and evaluate a comprehensive Preschool and Children’s Education Program that reaches, teaches, and matures children and their families.
- Organize and staff events in support of the vision of the Children’s Ministry.
- Coach and supervise the Director of Preschool to organize and staff LIFE Groups. Ensure that workers are organized for effectiveness and equipped to produce a vibrant, evangelistic, and caring LIFE Group program.
- Coach the Director of Preschool to organize and staff weekday programming.
- Coach and supervise the Kingdom Kids Director to lead an effective three day a week preschool.
- Manage the day-to-day and long-range financial, administrative, and human resource aspects of the Preschool and Children’s Ministry.
- Supervise support staff and, in agreement with the Education & Discipleship Pastor, evaluate performance.
- Develop and maintain effective communications with supervisor, staff, volunteers and potential volunteers.
- Ensure that appropriate safety and security measures are in place, administrative systems are up-to-date and efficient, and church policies and procedures are followed.
- Be actively involved in church-wide activities as required.
The qualities they seek in the successful candidate:
- Must love and have a passion for enriching the lives of the children and their families.
- Must be action and goal oriented. Written goals and proposals will be an essential responsibility of the position.
- Strong organizational, project and people management, and leadership skills are essential.
- Must be creative and able to design, implement and oversee quality training programs designed to equip and inspire volunteers for service.
- Experience must include financial planning and management, and program development and execution.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Must demonstrate the leadership ability to design, implement and mature ministries that honor our Lord.
- Must be able to make effective, consultative and proactive decisions.
- Must be willing to establish performance measurements and be accountable for expected results.
For consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com. Please put “Children’s Pastor” in the reference line. Please do not call the church office or email addresses on the church website.