Summary: The Director of Worship will be responsible for directing, organizing, and implementation of a comprehensive church music program including choir, praise teams, vocals, bells and instrumental ensembles. The Director will also
be responsible for the audio visual and creative arts aspect of each service.
- Commitment to and readiness to share in fulfilling the vision and mission of NCUMC
- Consistently interact with staff, congregants, and public with warmth and hospitality
- Able and willing to work with a servant attitude and a cooperative, team spirit
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Demonstrates excellent long-range planning skills
- Exhibits strong communication skills
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated, high-energy, and creative
- Attested quality musical skills and competence
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members
- Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians in their Christian life
- Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services: for example, sound boards, theater lights, video editing, etc.—a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Music or Theology (Masters preferred).
- Minimum five years experience in church related setting. (preferred.)
- Select and plan spiritually uplifting music for weekly services at Summerhill campus; contemporary and blended.
- Participate in the creative planning of weekly and special services with the Senior Pastor and be responsible for selecting all worship music, including special music.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders and musicians.
- Lead congregational singing and with worship team or alone.
- Oversee and supervise the administrative assistant, multi-media, sound, and lighting personnel.
- Work with external musical groups to provide special performances for the community held at church.
- Communicate faithfully to Sr. Pastor and staff
- Producing and directing special events, musicals and programs.
- Attends to special projects as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Ability to read scripture and pray as needed.
- Lead the worship committee and provide a summary of committee activities.
- Oversee inventory of the music library, materials, supplies and musical instruments.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of all musical instruments and related items, reporting to the Trustees.
- Encouraged to maintain a consistent program of self-improvement. Keep informed on current music methods, materials, promotional ideas, music outreach and administrative techniques.
- Responsible for overseeing of the Music Ministry budget.