JOB TITLE: WORSHIP DIRECTOR
We are a small church very patiently looking for just the right fit for our church family.
This job is responsible for the formatting of the Sunday Morning Worship Service, recruiting and training of necessary volunteers, maintaining and management of all audio/visual and lighting equipment, maintaining and decorating of stage and worship focused areas.
ShoreLife Church, a small family life, beach community church in Huntington Beach, is looking for a quarter time worship leader to lead the congregation in corporate worship through music on Sunday mornings and at special events working with a talented group of musicians already in place.
The person we are looking for must have an evident and growing faith in Jesus Christ and shows signs of maturity and leadership (desiring to model I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; Ephesians 4:12). We are looking for someone who is humble, teachable, creative, and personable, understanding that listening is an essential part of leading. We would like someone who will join our church body and not just lead from up front.
The following qualifications are also of high value:
- Proficient in leading in singing
- Proficient in leading instrumentally with either guitar or keyboard
- Have leadership skills to lead other musicians of various skill levels, most of whom are extremely proficient
- A vast and growing knowledge for modern worship music
- Ability to score music charts
- Agreement with the doctrine and teaching of ShoreLife Church
- Be organized and punctual, running rehearsals in a timely manner and being mindful of volunteer’s time along with the timing of the worship service
- Exercise creativity in adding worship elements to the service
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with senior pastor and/or person with preaching assignment to ascertain topic, theme, creativity, needs, elements, etc.
- Propose songs for the weekly worship service
- Attend and administrate weekly worship band rehearsals
- Create worship song PowerPoint and combine with uniformity to the preaching PowerPoint
- Recruit, train and staff PowerPoint volunteers
- Recruit, train and staff Audio volunteers
- Recruit, train and staff worship band volunteers
- Create worship volunteer schedule for all band members, PowerPoint volunteers and sound techs to be no less than 3 months ahead of schedule
- Lead worship band on Sunday mornings or work with volunteer worship band leader
- Oversee worship staff for special events (Christmas Eve, Good Friday Service, Thanksgiving Eve, etc.)
- This is a part time position of 10 hours per week (non-exempt)
- 4 missed Sundays are allowed for personal reasons other than sickness (vacation, career responsibilities, etc .)
- 3 hours will be given to weekly rehearsals
- 2 hours will be given for Sunday mornings
- The other 5 hours will be given toward song selection, PowerPoint set up, recruiting, training, maintaining of equipment and stage work
- Song selection and PowerPoint are weekly
- Recruiting is on going
- Training is as needed
- Maintaining of equipment and stage work is as needed
Please use email only. Send resume, letters of recommendation pertaining to worship leading and we would love video of your worship leading!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship PastorBridgeway Community Church
- York, Pennsylvania
- December 5
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- December 5
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Praise & Worship LeaderFamily Praise Center
- Vinita, Oklahoma
- December 2