Moraine Valley Church- Palos Heights, Illinois
Overview of Candidate:
The best candidate will have a Pastor’s heart and be able to work in yoke with the Senior Pastor to regularly develop a service that has an intensely God-focused and theologically rich worship time. A service focused on believers with a seeker “sensible”
experience that ministers to a multigenerational church with a strong bent toward those in the next generation. A service that is led by and empowered by the Holy Spirit of God allowing for sensitivity and flexibility to what He may do in the moment; and a
service that uses a variety of worship expressions and uses many gifted people that God has given to MVC.
This person has the overall responsibility to shepherd and lead all aspects of the corporate worship service and teams related to it.
- Worship Teams (prompters, ensembles, instrumentalists)
- Creative Arts Teams (drama, visual effects, etc.)
- Technical Teams or assistant (sound, lights, video)
- Worship services
- Lead a team which is responsible for developing cohesive and creative worship service plans that include:
- Selecting songs with both theological depth and artistic merit
- Incorporating creative arts to enhance the worship experience
- Developing worship sequence that has an appropriate ebb and flow
- Lead a team to recruit and schedule, in conjunction with other worship leaders, all persons and elements for upcoming worship services
- Create and update databases and schedules as needed (software: Planning Center Online)
- Lead worship participants in a significant time of prayer and worship
- Communicate regularly with the Senior Pastor and key worship service participants
- Develop ministry teams.
Provide paths and opportunities for new people to “break in” into worship ministry teams.
- Advocate for growth and progression among our existing teams.
With a heart to have a more fruitful and effective ministry that will challenge and push every member of the worship ministry to grow in his or her gifts.
Specific Responsibilities: (cont.)
- Coordinate worship and special services with non-worship ministry personnel
ushers, greeters, communion prep, parking, children’s ministries, etc.
- Program and oversee special services (dramas, concerts, special events, etc.)
- Agree with and support the Mission of MVC
- Strong relational skills, listen well, be teachable and a have a servant’s heart
- Possess broad musical, leadership and organizational skills
- Preferably be an ordained pastor
- Preferably have theological training with a MDIV, with a Master of Worship Arts.
- Preferably have several years of successful worship-leading experience
- Have some knowledge of music technology and how it can be used to enhance the service (sound, lighting, videos, video equipment, etc.)
Directly accountable to: