Worship Arts Pastor Synopsis
Arundel Christian Church, Glen Burnie, MD
Arundel Christian Church in Glen Burnie MD, located midway between Baltimore and Washington DC, is currently seeking a Worship Pastor with strong experience and history in developing multiple styles of music and music teams. We desire to encourage further development of ensembles (e.g., youth, young adults, etc.) in our congregation, and may also consider adding a Saturday night service in the coming year, requiring additional worship team support. ACC currently has a Sunday morning attendance of 700-800 and a history of significant growth, which we expect to continue. The congregation is unusually diverse, representing the East Central Maryland area well in broad ranges of age, race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religious background and educational demographics. As a primarily urban church, ACC’s people respond enthusiastically to all varieties and blends of high quality worship music, including contemporary Christian, southern gospel, ethnic gospel, classic hymns, and modern R&B. We do not divide our multiple services by style. The congregation also enjoys urban dance, drama, and other media for worship and biblical content although we do not currently have teams operating in these media.
As should be clear, this is not an entry-level position. Appropriate candidates will have several years’ church experience in developing, coordinating, and producing high quality worship music and services. We are also interested in candidates that have deep affection, respect, and experience with the Bible, to deepen the spiritual focus of worship leadership. Candidates do not necessarily have to be “the front person” for a band or worship team, although he or she could be. We would also be glad to consider director / producer type candidates who may not be frequently on stage, but can coordinate and develop the quality of worship experiences we provide to our community. We also ask our candidates to be above reproach in personal conduct, as expected by professional ethic codes and by the New Testament. Please feel invited to ask questions about ACC standards.
Finally, we are looking for this staff member to be truly a Worship Pastor, able to provide pastoral supports on occasion, such as hospital visitation, weddings, funerals, simple counseling, and spiritual guidance to the worship teams and to the congregation at large. ACC offers a competitive salary based on experience and education, and extremely competitive benefits.
Worship Arts Pastor
Arundel Christian Church, Glen Burnie, MD
The Worship Arts Pastor is responsible for creative use of the arts in support of weekly worship services and all other church ministry activities. This includes planning, design, and production of weekly adult worship services, overall support of all other ministry areas in the use of the arts, and continuous improvement of arts capabilities in the church.
The Worship Arts Pastor will work to create artistic environments that fulfill the mission of Arundel Christian Church – Love God, Love People, Serve our Community by leading people to live out our five strategies:
- Worship – Loving God
- Connect – Creating Spiritual Family
- Grow – Chasing Spiritual Maturity
- Serve – Bearing Each Other’s Burdens
- Give – As You Have Been Blessed
Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers in the development of infrastructure to support use of the arts in all areas of the church. Function as a specialist in the areas of music and creative arts, supporting all areas of ministry within the church.
- Plan, design, and produce weekly adult worship services.
- Function as primary worship leader for weekly adult worship services. This can be in vocals or instrumental.
- Recruit, train, equip, and direct musicians, vocalists, and technical/creative artists in the production of weekly worship services and periodic special ?events.
- Provide support development of ensembles in non-adult ministries (i.e. Teens, Young Adults, etc.)
- Provide arts support as needed in the production of all special events and other church activities.
- Provide support of other worship media, such as drama, dance, etc.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of adult worship facilities.
- Function as a member of the pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for arts ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Assume administrative responsibilities associated with the arts ministry
- Preaching as necessary under direction of Lead Pastor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Personal dedication in the following key areas:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Passion for growing people into mature disciples of Jesus Christ
- Passion for teaching of God’s word
- Measured success with declared spiritual gifts
- Moral and ethical integrity
- Responsible for own personal, spiritual, and ministry health and growth.
- Sets and maintains appropriate boundaries – (work, relational, emotional)
- Attends worship regularly
- To be available to people before and after services as other duties allow
- Pursues opportunities for growth and renewal. Humble and teachable spirit.
- Ask that all staff and leadership at ACC support the church with their tithes
This position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Church Music, Biblical Studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess the passion and gifts required to develop and improve creative use of the arts, and have the ability to administrate as a department head.
There must be an emphasis in the following key areas:
- Passion to reach into secular groups and organizations to make a difference
- Proven understanding how to develop people to become mature disciples of Jesus Christ
- Ability to deliver God’s Word creatively
- Development of Ministry Team Members by creating opportunities for Biblical community through spiritual formation, shepherding, and leadership.
- Strategic and visionary thinking
Organization and Relationships
The Worship Arts Pastor will report directly to the Lead Pastor at Arundel Christian Church. This position will collaborate with the Lead Pastor and Associate Pastor, as well as the overall leadership team. Team interaction, dynamics and culture are a critical part of who we are.
Please obtain and review the prose cover synopsis for this position, which describes ACC and the role of our Worship Arts Pastor. If you feel like we just described you and you meet the requirements listed in the job description above, please email your cover letter, resume along with personal references and links to any of your audio and/ or video worship sets and/ or sermons to Beth Ferrer at email@example.com
Only resumes accompanied with a cover letter will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer three questions:
- Describe briefly, your philosophy of worship reflecting on the purpose of worship, God's role in worship, the worshippers' role, the role of the worship leader and style of worship.
- Describe your calling into the ministry.
- Describe your process for preparing for a Sunday morning service.
$42,000 - $50,000 - commensurate with experience. Strong benefits package.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Worship PastorVineyard Community Church
- Grafton, Wisconsin
- October 20
Worship LeaderThe Rock
- Bridgeport, Texas
- October 20