Please include video (or at least audio) of you leading worship with your resume and cover letter. Thanks!
Pastor of Music & Arts
Washington Avenue Bible Church (Ephrata)
Description: Washington Ave Bible Church (WABC) is looking for someone to join our church and serve as Pastor of Music & Arts. This is a part-time, salaried position (20 hours/week) that will
work together with the Senior Pastor and WABC staff. This position will involve:
Relationship with God expressed in:
* Testimony: Share how you met God’s eternal saving graces through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
* Communing: Share how you regularly/daily sit at the feet of the Lord.
* Maturing: Share God’s on-going transformational work into the Lord Jesus’ character and growing knowledge of His Word.
* Gratefulness: Share your Joy and Peace in: the Lord, the Bible, Salvation, Prayer, Serving, Praise, Fellowshipping, Growth, Daily Blessings, and Future Glory.
* Skilled instrumentalist [piano/keyboard or guitar]
* Lead-quality vocalist
* Able to develop Praise/Worship Team Members
* Prior Music & Arts experience in church or para-church ministry is required [leading—much desired]
* Above average working knowledge of graphics, the web, sound, video, lighting, audio recording and editing is preferable
* Able to marshal and direct his energies in organization, administration, leading, and communication
* Training in Music Theory (preferable)
* Creativity and a solid work ethic for the Lord
* Shepherd Praise/Worship Teams
* Lead weekly rehearsal with Praise/Worship Teams
* Oversee the Audio Visual Team
* Recruit and develop new Praise/Worship Teams Members, including other Music & Arts Leaders
* Lead the Praise/Worship Creative Team in designing relevant praise, thanks, and solitude venues
* Lead at Sunday morning worship services
* Plan and direct special services
* Crafting participatory Music & Arts and encouraging extra-musical forms
* Create and promote venues for WABCers to share their musical and artistic talents
* Lead and train Praise/Worship Teams to improve their talents
* Organize training opportunities for Team Members
* Seek to grow WABC in their love for God, all the while being mindful of the lost and pursuing them, by modeling this personally
* Spend time monthly with Youth Group Music & Arts Team to mentor, encourage, and/or assist in some capacity
* Maintain licenses/subscriptions/instruments/equipment
* Search and purchase new music, videos, and equipment (others can be recruited)
* Update WABC website (can work with or recruit others to do this) to inform and advertise
* Participate in weekly staff meeting
* Be in an agreement with WABC beliefs and Core Values (Community, Discipleship, Missions); see www.wabchurch.com
* Go above and beyond the paycheck to serve the Lord and others (make WABC your home church you truly serve in)
* Be prayer driven and joyfully obedient to the Lord
Pastor Jay Quirk, (717) 733-6538, firstname.lastname@example.org