GENERAL PURPOSE: The role of this staff position is to manage the preparation and implementation of all weekend experiences and special events at the campus. The Technical Director will proactively lead, equip, recruit and shepherd ministry volunteers in the most efficient and strategic use of media and technologies; have a good grasp of current technology and be able to influence shaping the technical arts ministry; be responsible for providing reliable, consistent and the highest quality multimedia support as it relates to audio, video, lighting, stage design, graphics and projection systems; and execute and direct the pre-production, rehearsal and live production of weekend experiences and special events.
The Technical Director must have grace under pressure. Things are constantly changing which can create an exciting, yet frenzied atmosphere. Tech volunteers need to hear a steady voice of calmness, grace and positive leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Weekend Experiences/Services (45%)
- Direct and manage all technical aspects of Weekend Experiences and other events. This person must demonstrate competence in FOH mixing and have a good grasp of current audio technology.
- Direct Technical pre-production: attend concept meetings, scenic design layout, equipment management, build lighting cues/design, manage and schedule volunteer technical teams, budgeting, and delegating key responsibilities.
- Oversee/Direct Live Experience Production: stage layout, set-up and strike, assist with scenic stage design, FOH Audio, lighting, Camera operation, IMAG, Live video directing, run-thru, acquisition of live service elements, service order/cue sheet administration.
- Direct Post-production: evaluation, stage maintenance, equipment maintenance, prop management, archiving, trouble-shooting, scheduling, celebration with volunteer technical teams.
- Oversee operation, training and maintenance of all stage and tech equipment, and maintain correct and safe rigging of all scenic design and stage lighting.
- Provide excellent production management, FOH sound, lighting, stagecraft/design, stage management, projection, and video, as well as coordinating service content with the creative ministry staff.
- Oversee high quality live recording and at times filming of services for web and vimeo.
- Oversee video taping of sermons for replay or streaming in video venues.
- Collaborate with Worship Director, Central Support, and Campus Pastor on all weekend experiences and other events.
- Administrate, maintain, archive, and oversee Service Orders/Cue Sheets and other Tech communications.
- Network and build relationship with others to forward the creativity for weekend experiences and special events.
- Build volunteer Creative Teams as needed.
C. Manage the Campus Technical arts teams in partnership with the Worship Director (20%)
- Oversee a large team of volunteers. Also oversee the Technical budget and maintain and upgrade current audio and visual systems, and influence the shaping of the technical arts ministry.
- Proactively lead, equip, recruit and shepherd ministry volunteers in the most efficient and strategic use of media and technologies.
- Expand the leadership base of the ministry by identifying, inspiring and mobilizing future leaders.
- Run effective rehearsals for weekend experience; print/copy needed material; maintain Cue Sheets/Service Orders and databases; provide strong spiritual and creative direction/leadership of volunteers during rehearsals/run-thru.
- Develop, oversee and maintain a consistent, standardized tech set up across campuses and venues.
D. Communicate Effectively with Campus/Central Support Leadership and Programming Team Volunteers on a Regular Basis (10%)
- Communicate with Worship Director/ Campus Pastor/Central Support Directors and with Programming Teams.
- Attend weekly Staff meetings and other meetings as defined.
- Attend 1:1 weekly meeting with Worship Director.
- Attend weekly production meetings with WA Pastor, Operations, Communications and Guest Relations.
- Lead Tech/Producers Meetings weekly.
E. Support Worship Director with various administrative projects and support the worship arts team as needed (10%)
- Execute all technical aspects as well as demonstrate strong skills in organization and creativity (being able to see and communicate the big picture and then organize the details to make the big picture a reality).
- Sound Engineering Expertise is a plus in this campus role.
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- Build and develop quality sound teams for each location/venue utilizing volunteers.
- Build and develop a quality video delivery team for each location/venue utilizing volunteers.
- Develop a recruiting, training and mentoring process for new tech team members.
- Maintain equipment inventory.
- Models Christian character at work, home, and social life.
- Strives to the Statement of Staff Values.
- Possess a developed Christian maturity.
- Agreement of Christ Church's Statement of Faith.
- Understanding of Constitution and By Laws of Christ Church.
- Willingness to serve in and/or outside the church.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Production Tech DirectorTemple Baptist Church
- Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- January 23
Video ProducerNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Faith Church - Graphic DesignerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sunset Hills, Missouri
- January 20
AVL Technical DirectorMorning Star Church
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- January 20
Audio Engineer / Systems TechnicianThe Ark Church
- Conroe, Texas
- January 19
Christ Church Lake Forest
Vision: To touch and transform the 10 miles around our steeple through the love of God Mission: To lead people into life-changing relationships with God and others by proclaiming the Good News and engaging in good works.More...