Aldersgate Church is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic person who has a passion for cultivating the spiritual growth of elementary aged (kindergarten through 5th) children. The Elementary Children’s Pastor will have the primary responsibility
of leading children into a thriving relationship with Christ while discipling adults to serve children in various roles.
Specific Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Recruiting, training, equipping, and shepherding workers and volunteers in the elementary-aged environment.
- Oversee the discipling of elementary age children through personal relationships, age appropriate teaching curriculum, age appropriate children’s worship, special events, and other activities.
- Build relationships with children and their parents, be available to these families, and provide resources and encouragement for them.
- Ensure that Aldersgate’s vision to reach the un-churched and Aldersgate’s values to
Connect with God, Love People, and Impact the World are implemented in the elementary areas.
- Invest in raising the visibility of children’s ministry throughout the church and the community through a variety of creative communication techniques and outreach events.
- Enforce all policies and guidelines in Aldersgate’s Policy and Procedure Manual including the Safe Sanctuaries Policy.
- Assist in pastoring Aldersgate through pastoral care such as hospital visits, counseling, and nurturing our church family.
Aldersgate is a vibrant, high impact church that ministers to almost 200 elementary aged children on any given weekend. Applicants should be a team player and possess excellent communication, planning, organization, and administrative skills. They should
have knowledge of child development and be able to develop and coordinate age appropriate (birth-5th grade) worship experiences, spiritual formation opportunities, and outreach events for children and their families.
Salary is negotiable dependent on education and experience.