Position Summary: Leadership, development, planning, coordination and supervision of all High School and Young Adult Ministries.
To help 9th – 12th Grade youth and young adults (19-27) take the next step in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A person who has a strong and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A person who is supportive, enthusiastic and can articulate the vision and core values of Foundations Church.
- A person who will pursue continuing educational experiences in this area. Attendance at seminars and conferences are encouraged and highly desired.
- A person who is positive, energetic, personable, marked by integrity, has leadership ability, is teachable, creative, cooperative, absent of personal problems, has good people skills, a sense of humor, is self-disciplined, sees the “Big Picture” of Foundations,
and is friendly.
- A person who excels at ministering, cultivating, and developing a highly effective ministry team of volunteers.
- A person who is highly organized and communicative to parents, students, young adults, staff, and volunteers alike.
- Directly oversee the weekly high school and young adults program. (large groups and small groups)
- Work collaboratively with nursery, preschool, elementary and middle school directors/pastors to ensure a coordinated and seamless ministry plan for Foundations’ children and youth.
- Oversee, recruit, train, supervise and minister to all high school and young adult volunteers.
- Provide and oversee weekly “contacting ministry” with youth, parents and young adults.
- Develop and oversee communication to high school youth, parents and young adults.
- Provide a balanced program that will help youth Explore, Embrace and Extend the Gift of God’s Grace.
- Meet regularly with the supervisor and/or mentor for accountability and support.
- Be responsible for the teaching at appropriate levels to ensure its relevance in the life of the youth and is in-line with the philosophy of Foundations Church.
- Financial – Establishing and maintaining annual and project budgets.
- Additional adult pastoral care as directed by supervisor is desired.
- Periodic message delivery during main congregational service desired, but not mandatory.
- Develop a healthy and thriving high school ministry.
- Plan, develop and execute a currently undeveloped ministry plan for young adults.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Attention to detail and follow-through on assignments and deadlines.
- A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support of church ministries and a pleasant personality.
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding all records, both of the church and staff, and the members.
- Reliable and dependable attendance.
- A person capable of mentoring and leading paid staff as well as a large volunteer network.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, Gmail, and adaptability to Foundations Church’s church management software (Church Community Builder).
- Seminary degree desired.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is designed to be a full time position.
- Compensation and benefits are competitive with other similar sized ministries in Northern Colorado.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Judy Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not monitor the email through www.churchstaffing.com, please only send through the above email.