A full-time Pastor of Worship to lead a multi-generational congregation in the worship life and ministry of the church.
Under the direction of the Preaching Pastor and the governing board of elders, the Pastor of Worship is responsible for the overall leadership, design, and implementation of Sovereign Hope Church’s worship ministry.
- Provide pastoral and musical leadership, development, and empowerment for the instrumental and vocal elements of all Sovereign Hope Church’s services.
- Oversee recruiting, training, and scheduling of volunteers involved in media/worship venues.
- Fulfill the covenantal responsibilities of a church member as laid out in Sovereign Hope’s
Held to Glory covenant membership.
- Possess a continuum of personal maturity in gospel-centered worship theology.
- Provide consistent theological investment in all worship volunteers ensuring gospel integrity and gospel premise in those who serve.
- Develop, establish, & maintain the Sovereign Hope Church worship brand / culture.
- Give guidance and oversight to implementation and scheduling of all special events, Easter, Christmas, Good Friday, conferences, weddings, and funerals requiring music and AV support.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by Preaching Pastor, Executive Pastor, and Elder Board.
How to Apply:
- Candidates submit the requested information via one of the two methods below:
- Via e-mail to email@example.com
- Via US postal service to the following address:
Sovereign Hope Church, Attn: Personnel
1919 North Ave W.
Missoula Montana 59801
- Required initial submission materials:
- Cover letter & Resume
- Write a 75 to 100 word paper explaining your understanding of the gospel and the centrality of it in your life.
- Submit a 750-1000 word personal Philosophy of Worship paper.
- List the three most influential books you’ve read on worship and why.
- Read the requirements of an elder in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. Understanding that Jesus is truly the only qualified elder, what would you identify as your strengths and weaknesses in relationship to these requirements?
- Have you been successful in recruiting, training, and mobilizing lay people for the work of (worship/music) ministry? Explain.
- List the instruments you play and your proficiency on a 1-10 scale for each one?
- A link to where we can download and/or view video samples of you leading worship.
Completion of point’s 2a-2h is required for any applicant to be considered for Phase 2 of the selection process. Depending on your volume of content you should produce a minimum, eight page document with headings in the alphabetized order mentioned. 2a-2g
with 2h being your separate sample of worship leading.
Applicants who complete the initial requirements may be invited to more subsequent steps, including an online application form and interviews. The form will ask about a wide variety of topics including, but not necessarily limited to: background (personal
& familial), musical/worship skills, work experience, church involvement, doctrinal understanding & perspective, personality, passions/interests, etc.
If you have any questions or need clarification on any requirement, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.