There are tons of people who have a passion for Jesus and students. Tons. They’ve got a goatee and a Taylor guitar and are ready in a moments notice to lead a group in ‘God of Wonders’. But we are looking for game changers. You know… that one in a million, team player, off the charts relational type person who can also lead. And by lead we mean LEAD. No lone rangers. No leaving people in your wake. No barging ahead and then asking for forgiveness. Leading. Can you bring your Taylor and sit underneath a tree and play 3 chords? Sure, but what we need is a passionate leader and pastor with a proven track record.
A little bit about us
We’re a multi site church. We currently have 3 campuses across the greater St Louis and St Charles counties. Do you have to come from a multi site context? No, but you would do be wise to do some homework.
We’re passionate about St Louis. One of the driving factors of us being a multi site church is that we want to see St Louis changed by Jesus.
We’re a big church. We currently average 7500 people on a weekend across campuses. Our Mid Rivers campus currently runs around 1500 a weekend. Why do we mention that? We are looking for applicants that have a little bit of experience in a larger church setting.
We’re a team. We do things together... and how we work together is of utmost importance. We are one church, first and foremost. We have many locations.
This full-time position will oversee the entire youth ministry (6th-12th graders) at our Mid Rivers Campus. This person will have the ability to create a safe environment for students all over the spiritual spectrum to take steps on their journey with Jesus. This includes (but is not limited to) overseeing the weekly YouthCrossing gathering, events, outreach, volunteers, and volunteer development. This person will have a high gift of leadership and be very relational. Creating community, culture, and trust amongst teams to further the reaches of the youth ministry is top priority.
- Primary teacher and vision keeper of campus youth ministry
- Oversee Middle and High School volunteers
- Recruit and train teams of adult volunteers
- Provide ongoing training and leadership development for volunteers
- Implement follow up with new and current students
- Develop and implement student leadership opportunities
- Oversee off-campus small groups
- Work closely with the creative arts team in implementing weekly services
- Create community and relational opportunities through events and activities
- Be proactive and have initiative to troubleshoot and evaluate in order to expand ministry
- Other staff duties as assigned by the Leadership team
Spiritual Gifts Helpful For This Position
Leadership • Teaching • Administration • Discernment
Character Traits Needed For This Position
- High relationship skills
- Humble, Flexible, Teachable and Trustworthy
- Authentic and consistent in his/her own spiritual walk and relationships
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Good people skills – Team player
- Passionate about The Crossing and a personal relationship with God
- Ability to speak with the voice of The Crossing
We encourage you to learn more about us. Please visit www.wcrossing.org/familyjobs for helpful information about this ministry, our church and what we are looking for.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
The Crossing is a mulit-site church, "one church, many locations", with campuses located in and around the St. Louis area. Please visit our website at www.wcrossing.org to learn more about our vision and core values. We require all applicants who wish to be considered for this position to explore our website and watch a podcast(s) of a weekend message. After all, you should get to know us as we get to know you.
If you are interested in a position in our Children or Youth Ministry&rsquo More...